Best screwgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wezly

My Senco screw gun has packed up again, only 2 years old. It's going in the bin.
So i'm after a new gun, what is regarded as the best screwgun available? Make and model, I aint really interested in decent enough or it does me. I want the most powerful, most reliable, most durable on the market now, and whos using it on a regular basis?

Sorry for being blunt, just sick to ******* death of being let down by poor quality goods.

My Senco screw gun has packed up again, only 2 years old. It's going in the bin.
So i'm after a new gun, what is regarded as the best screwgun available? Make and model, I aint really interested in decent enough or it does me. I want the most powerful, most reliable, most durable on the market now, and whos using it on a regular basis?

Sorry for being blunt, just sick to ******* death of being let down by poor quality goods.

Hilti SD5000 A22 + SMD 57 Collated Attachment. Mine is used almost daily. 2 yr guarantee plus after that, no repair will cost more than a third of the cost of replacement. Whole package £445+vat.

https://www.hilti.co.uk/screw-fastening/drywall-screwdrivers/2056380

Thanks Tony, how long have you had that? Would you buy it again and whats the maximum screw length it will take?

Its my second one of that model. First was on Fleet Management with Hilti which was for 3 yrs (like a lease) and then I bought one instead. Had it just over 2 yrs now. Maximum screw length 57mm. Wouldn't buy anything else, until they bring out a new one, that is.

are you restricted by the size of screws you can use with a collated ? like using 65mm for overboarding etc

I have a makita and I have used a new senco the other week, not much in the 2 I dont think, I have heard very good reveiws about the hilti,also the chaps on the previous posts speak highly of the hilti too:RpS_thumbsup:

Had a play yet?

Not long been home, opened it all up, it's all packed in separate boxes, the parts look quality and a well thought out design. I've put it on charge while I eat dinner. Mrs likes it, it's her birthday Sunday so that's her sorted.

Well it has got serious power, makes my other ones feel like toys.
The real test will come with a few days tacking next week, I've got high hopes for this one.

The only disappointing thing is the case if I'm honest, there's nowhere to put loose bits like the driver parts when the SMD attachment is fitted. Which means the parts end up scattered about case, which could see them end up lost, or worse, a driver bit shorting a battery.

I am turning into that miserable **** that finds fault in everything?

Where do you get your screws from @TonyM

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it has got serious power, makes my other ones feel like toys.
The real test will come with a few days tacking next week, I've got high hopes for this one.

The only disappointing thing is the case if I'm honest, there's nowhere to put loose bits like the driver parts when the SMD attachment is fitted. Which means the parts end up scattered about case, which could see them end up lost, or worse, a driver bit shorting a battery.

I am turning into that miserable **** that finds fault in everything?

Where do you get your screws from @TonyM

Why do you need loose bits? If you get a screw that doesn't go in, whip off the SMD and use the gun like a drill driver.
I have the Hilti impact which I use for any stray screws.
Bought 10000 35mm collated from R&J couple weeks back, £6 a box.

The loose bits I have are the parts you take off the drill to put the SMD attachment on.
I use r&j's screws to. I'll have to have a look at that impact.

I got a Hilti - It's awesome, beats the senco I used to have. However today I drove a screw right through my finger (inc bone) and nail. Whilst talking to my lab and not paying attention. After a trip to A&E and X-rays I got 2 days off work. But you know what, I still,wouldn't be without it...

I know everyone says hilti buttttttt...... Anyone tried spit or fein?

Being a joiner im not gonna use it all the time so dont want to spend silly

Hi im new to the forum,

im after a collated gun, mostly for metal stud and mf.

looked at hilti but its a bit much for me so looked at spit and fein, any input would be great

Hi im new to the forum,

im after a collated gun, mostly for metal stud and mf.

looked at hilti but its a bit much for me so looked at spit and fein, any input would be great

Aren't the Spit & Fein nearly as dear as Hilti?

Status
Not open for further replies.