Best render over pir board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstoke

Just bit of advice what render type to use on a single brick outhouse we be using a pir board I'm new to the external renderering I've read about weber ocr to put on top or what's the best to use they aren't bother about colours on top after

You don't pit OCR over insulation pal.
If your new to rendering I would reconsider fitting an Ewi system reading about it then doing it is usually a short cut to a fk up.

Don't take offence by the way that's my honest opinion.

If you want to use weber its LAC base coat. All the base coats for insulation are adhesives with high synthetic polymer properties.

Its all on the manufacturer websites

With it being single brick It be best to use pir insulation board what's the best thin coat to use ?

Choose the insulation board for the u-value required and any fire regs that might be needed to meet. You have eps, pir, pur, mineral wool etc etc.

Good thin coat systems:

Weber
Parex
Dryvit
Ivas
Mapei
Enewall
Sto
Alumasc
Knauf marmorit
Sas prorend
Envirowall
Permarock

And more but can't go wrong with any of the above

Choose the insulation board for the u-value required and any fire regs that might be needed to meet. You have eps, pir, pur, mineral wool etc etc.

Good thin coat systems:

Weber
Parex
Dryvit
Ivas
Mapei
Enewall
Sto
Alumasc
Knauf marmorit
Sas prorend
Envirowall
Permarock

And more but can't go wrong with any of the above
Cheers for the help

Look where is closest to you that supply any of the above then go for that.
If your in Stoke at a guess going by your name. Envirowall is near you

A firm local in Fenton deals with styrobond for the adhesive/base coat but primer/finish is a bit on the high side k - rend seemed a good deal i take this popular with u lads on ere when using eps insulation ??

A firm local in Fenton deals with styrobond for the adhesive/base coat but primer/finish is a bit on the high side k - rend seemed a good deal i take this popular with u lads on ere when using eps insulation ??

Krend will spec you over insulation but no its not popular with most on here and the scratch render in my opinion shouldn't really be going over insulation as a system at all.
They do have hpx and hp14 base and a thin coat finish tc15 that would be the way to go but won't be any cheaper than any other system.

You can expect to pay anything from 20 to 30 pound a metre for a proper Ewi system if you don't have an account or are not approved.

Ok could I mix a base coat from another manufacture and then use the tc finish as u mentioned ??

Just ring Envirowall get all from there it's cheap enough
There rep got in touch yeh there place isn't far from me ,she recommended acrylic finish is there any pitfalls I should be aware of or is is straight forward enough

Sorry I mean is that the best finish too use because she mentioned the silicone finish aswell what's the difference ??

Status
Not open for further replies.