Best place to get WBA?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah - 2 hours might be just enough time on a very high suction background, or if it's really warm (which it aint)

I've taken the piss with WBA in the past and not given it enough time to dry and cure. It can peel off with your trowel and the suction doesn't really reduce. You need to give it enough time.

what are you looking to skim?

It doesnt kill suction much better than pva, its more for shiney surfaces, or something a little flakey.If you have never used it water it down a little, bout a third, i find rollers on better that way.

woah - 2 hours might be just enough time on a very high suction background, or if it's really warm (which it aint)

I've taken the piss with WBA in the past and not given it enough time to dry and cure. It can peel off with your trowel and the suction doesn't really reduce. You need to give it enough time.

what are you looking to skim?

Aint really warm? Depends where you are working!
Ive skimmed loads AFTER 2hrs & it was rock hard, if it wasnt i wouldnt have skimmed it:flapper:
But yes you have to take different backgrounds into account & also the time of year.

Last week i used it over paper that was glued to the wall (couldnt remove it with boiling water!) and it gave me a good solid job!

You are better off buying a large tub of betokontak then small tubs from wicks both the same gear. I think you can order from tavis perkins.

any1 used that febond bluegrit stuff

i'v got about 12 tubs in the garage but never used it, take it is the same stuff and is it any good

i have never used this stuff on a domestic either, even over artex.

i think the price puts me off more then anything, £30-£40 a tub.

i used the thistle bond-it on a school refurb skimming over silk painted walls, it would peel off in places even after maybe 3-4 days drying time.

seems to me (rip me at will) but its just a very thick pva based product with bits in. would a thick pva mixture with sand in not do more or less the same

Status
Not open for further replies.