Best place to buy tools London

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly87

Hey guys just moved here from Canada but I'm Irish. Where's a good place to buy tools in the northwest of London? I've been a few places but not going buying trowels out of a catalogue. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys just moved here from Canada but I'm Irish. Where's a good place to buy tools in the northwest of London? I've been a few places but not going buying trowels out of a catalogue. Thanks in advance.
Try itslondon.com theyre online and have a shop as well,
Lots Of Sunday Markets sell tools also.

Surely if you know what tool you need doesn't matter where you buy it from unless your getting cheap stuff.
A hammer is a hammer if you buy a Stanley estwing etc you know what your getting.
If your a plasterer you know what trowel you want etc.
Or am I wrong?

Trowels need to be straight or at least bent the right way and you need to look at everyone till you find the one that's otherwise you'll be leaving lines.

Surely if you know what tool you need doesn't matter where you buy it from unless your getting cheap stuff.
A hammer is a hammer if you buy a Stanley estwing etc you know what your getting.
If your a plasterer you know what trowel you want etc.
Or am I wrong?
What if the tools are stolen from someones van and cheap, I know I wouldn't buy them. Would you?

Buy broken in Tyzaks online. Great trowels and a snip at less than £20

My 13" one bowed the wrong way in a couple of weeks. Used it daily for rendering. I still use it but it'll never make a setting trowel.

Might try an Ox next time.

My 13" one bowed the wrong way in a couple of weeks. Used it daily for rendering. I still use it but it'll never make a setting trowel.

Might try an Ox next time.

Not great for rendering, too light but use it out of the box for skimming. The broken in ss one that is. I liked them so much I bought 4. Use marshalltown for rendering tho

Status
Not open for further replies.