Best of lime

Members online

Has anyone used warmcote and limecote from Best Of Lime? What do you think of it?
Hi Simmonz, this seems like a good moment to introduce myself.
I've been involved with lime plasters, renders and mortars for about 20 years, as well as building conservation, breathable paints and breathable EWI systems.
Lime should really be used on anything pre-cavity (1920ish)as it allows moisture to travel out through the walls, gypsum and cement won't causing mould, damp etc.
Being low carbon, we also supply lots for sustainable new-build, Passiv' etc.
Warmcote and Limecote are designed to make the use of lime as straight forward as any other 'off the shelf' plaster, it's not a dark art, just drill it up and spread it. Internal or external.
Both Warmcote and Limecote can be used at most thicknesses, the best so far is dubbing out Warmcote 8" in one pass. Limecote is also good for 'over setting' old lime plaster.

If anyone has any lime questions or spec's they want a second opinion on, happy to chip in and if Simmonz or anyone would like to try some, just msg me with contact details.

Martin, Best of Lime

Hi Martin is there a self leveller on the mark of which is lime and cement based . Cheers nick

Have used both products from best of lime, the limecote & warmcote. highly recommend both products great stuff to use and as no over lime will offer a thermal value such as the warmcote great service and great stuff. Joe

Hi Martin is there a self leveller on the mark of which is lime and cement based . Cheers nick
Hi Nick, that’s a difficult one. If you want a breathable floor system, you need to remove the cement. Limecrete floors are commonly used, they can be installed with insulation and with UFH systems. Track down Myles Yallop at The Limecrete Company near Norwich.

Have used both products from best of lime, the limecote & warmcote. highly recommend both products great stuff to use and as no over lime will offer a thermal value such as the warmcote great service and great stuff. Joe
Thank you Joe, very kind, glad you liked them

Hi Nick, that’s a difficult one. If you want a breathable floor system, you need to remove the cement. Limecrete floors are commonly used, they can be installed with insulation and with UFH systems. Track down Myles Yallop at The Limecrete Company near Norwich.
Can’t remove anything on floor I’ve paved it . The floor is in a cellar of which then to have carpet over. There is a few millimetres here and there of which needs to be self levelled customer is adamant no cement .

Can’t remove anything on floor I’ve paved it . The floor is in a cellar of which then to have carpet over. There is a few millimetres here and there of which needs to be self levelled customer is adamant no cement .
I think your customer is being a bit unreasonable, you’d generally only use lime because you want a breathable system, but breathability equals moisture movement and that sounds like a bad idea in a cellar with a carpet. If you’ve really no option, then try NHL5, with a fine sand about 1:2, not ideal though and won’t easily flow. Better still, see what Ardex have on their site and try to talk some sense into the customer.

I think your customer is being a bit unreasonable, you’d generally only use lime because you want a breathable system, but breathability equals moisture movement and that sounds like a bad idea in a cellar with a carpet. If you’ve really no option, then try NHL5, with a fine sand about 1:2, not ideal though and won’t easily flow. Better still, see what Ardex have on their site and try to talk some sense into the customer.
Thanks for your advice Martin I used Ardex years ago under door casings .

Has anyone used warmcote and limecote from Best Of Lime? What do you think of it?
Using it at the moment on a living room restoration over flint and brick. Just completed the scratch coat using the warmcote and it's incredible how thick you can put it on. Four inches in one hit no problem whatsoever. Easy to shape and very light weight. Limecote skim in a couple of days and I am expecting it to go just as well. It's expensive though but definitely time saving.