Best material for a spot board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a bit of 18mm ply , screwed a lump of 2x2 on the back and clamped it in a old workmate . Absolute brilliant!!

I have a thick sheet of marine ply

BBucket works if it small areas but cant be bothered to spoon it out all the time

I recently acquired :RpS_unsure: an off cut of wet wall which was very fortunately just the right size for a spot board. Cleans up great as the back face is a bit like formica :RpS_thumbup:

Worked on the motorways in the 80s and acquired some large Aluminum road signs, never wear out.

I've used 9.5mm ply for years, even at 1m2 it's still strong enough to hold a full boardfull of S&C. Nice and light to move from lift to lift on scaffold.

gorilla tub on top of a beer crate works for me....it doubles up as my seat at snap time...my chair for my newspaper in between trowels...for drinking a brew and when I'm feeling really lazy sit on my fat lazy arse to pull in bottom of my walls....

in fact can we have a dedicated crate section...in case your wondering mines a holsten pills 24 holder, bloody love that crate

gorilla tub on top of a beer crate works for me....it doubles up as my seat at snap time...my chair for my newspaper in between trowels...for drinking a brew and when I'm feeling really lazy sit on my fat lazy arse to pull in bottom of my walls....

in fact can we have a dedicated crate section...in case your wondering mines a holsten pills 24 holder, bloody love that crate
Orite guys whats best size for a spot board 1m x 1m ?

I found a spot board sized sheet of Formica on a school job once and thought it would be perfect. Jesus that stuff's heavy!!! Ditched after one day :cachetada:

Status
Not open for further replies.