Best excuses....

solway

Come on people,what are the excuses ye use to let down customers who are expecting you tomorrow.

We are waiting on a painter for a few days now at my own gaff.Meant to be on Monday but he said he got held up due to wet weather last week,said he'd b on tomorrow but just reminded by the wife she has a course tomorrow and iv to look after the kids. I'll definitely b on Thursday/Friday.....my wife can't understand how he is so unreliable. She wants to know if all tradesmen are like this...I told her it's a disgrace that I would never do that to a customer.... ya right

Know a spark Ian monkey who said he got lost in the fog. I've done the wet sponge knock a few times and quietly put my card through the letter box to show I'd called then gone the Phoenix for a game of snooker and a pint at nine in the morning. Years ago, this. Mobile phones make it difficult, now.

Don't think I've ever let a customer down with an excuse? That's unprofessional :endesacuerdo:..usually give them a believable reason;)..
On a side note for excuses..back in my school days..there was a history teacher who was a tad,, "soft'"..and a boy in my class told him.. "sir,I think I've left my cat in the fridge when I had the milk out this morning, he always jumps in the fridge when you open it"..and I was last out the house this morn..blah blah..
Yep..Mr Barrett fell for it.:mad:..
He was away before lunch time. :LOL:

My best mate who died in his twenties used to always used to use "there were cows on the district line " as an excuse in the late '80's when he was late. Plausible excuse to Irish subbies at the time :bailando:

Don't think I've ever let a customer down with an excuse? That's unprofessional :endesacuerdo:..usually give them a believable reason;)..
On a side note for excuses..back in my school days..there was a history teacher who was a tad,, "soft'"..and a boy in my class told him.. "sir,I think I've left my cat in the fridge when I had the milk out this morning, he always jumps in the fridge when you open it"..and I was last out the house this morn..blah blah..
Yep..Mr Barrett fell for it.:mad:..
He was away before lunch time. :LOL:

cat in the fridge....lol

I try not to make excuses the last time I made a excuse I said I was sick and went and done another job the cars turbo blew up! What annoyed me the most was I using the car for work while saving for a new van. That put me back a good few weeks!

Thing is most of us have made up most of the lies people say or have used them ourself I'm just honest now I remember once I went to see Arsenal at Wembley in charity shield and we won it was on a Sunday so went on the lash didn't get home til early hours of morning didn't turn in for work on the Monday obviously on the Tuesday the bloke I was working for came in to me in front of all the blokes and went so why wasn't you in yesterday expecting an excuse I just went I be honest I went on the piss and didn't get up he actually laughed and went I admire your honesty the other blokes were shocked that I got away with it but why lie he knew I was drinking and that's why I never turned up he was just waiting for an excuse from me

Totally agree I never lie I don't need to :) f**k em when people ring me I usually say I'm busy skimming a ceiling and get them to text me their details, I got a call once when I was driving and rather than say I'm skimming a ceiling I said I'm driving, they said I know we are behind you lol that could of been embarrassing.

I don't give one if am not there am not. I'll just give them a new date if they want to get someone else if don't care. Did the same at school. Keith where is your homework. I didn't do it. Why because I didn't want to. They just give up asking after a few weeks.

I don't give one if am not there am not. I'll just give them a new date if they want to get someone else if don't care. Did the same at school. Keith where is your homework. I didn't do it. Why because I didn't want to. They just give up asking after a few weeks.
I got kicked out of school not cos I'm thick I can read write ect I just didn't like school and school never liked me and that's why I found myself in this game it could of been worse I could of been a scaffolder lol

phone them about 3 in the morning and tell em them this Stella tastes a lot like I won't be coming later.

or "I have a wee cough".
"you have a wee cough".
oh ok thanks very much I'll see you in a week.

Some of my best work has come when I've still gone in and felt pissed either it's the concentration or I'm actually crap sober

Or chasing the money you shouldn't of spent the night before? :)
Oh yes we have all been there I explain to the young kids who work with me or until they last I could have a skin full and still go to work and knock up for 3 blokes all day these days they can't move for a few days

I never let anyone down once booked in.
I will email or call to say I'm running a day or two late and sometimes is it OK to start earlier than we agreed but I'll admit I've forgotten to go to look at a job or two and sometimes on purpose!

Know a spark Ian monkey who said he got lost in the fog. I've done the wet sponge knock a few times and quietly put my card through the letter box to show I'd called then gone the Phoenix for a game of snooker and a pint at nine in the morning. Years ago, this. Mobile phones make it difficult, now.

Me and my mate used to do that! Tip toe to the front door and knock as quietly as possible then slip the card through! Haha

Then when the get up an hour later start complaining its messed my week up etc. It was always such a relief to see no lights on when you'd rock up on a saturday morning.

Much like @jamesthefirst though i don't really let people down now and if we need to i tell the truth. Its just easier in the long run

Vans broken down
Wife's I'll/Gotta look after the kids
Injury
Need to let the scratch harden (lol)

I could go on

Usually tell them at least day before if cant make it, so they got notice not to hang around wasting their time that day which is nearly always ok with them.
The obstropulous ones i just tell the clutch has gone on van. Think vans had about 12 new clutches in last 2 years :chica:

I never made any excuses... when I was a bucket bitch the bosses use to take the puss that if I was not half an hour early for work I was not coming at all

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Done the opposite, got to a place early one sat got the gear out mixed up a bucket of skim, expected to be able to knock the wind out of an outraged customer with efficient enthusiasm, he appeared in a dressing gown properly pissed off........wrong customer, wrong week!ffs!!!