Best angle trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebearbeef

Anyone use/know of a smaller internal angle trowel than the marshalltown ones or a better one?

I dislike using the mt one as i find it leave the angle itself to rounded and a hollow along the inch or two runs over. Pain in the arse going back over them with a trowel to sharpen them up.

Anyone got another that gets the angles better quicker/easier

Av bought a couple of old tyzacks off EBay. I've got the refina twitcher as well but it's rounds the angle

Is that the 2" refina one? Was just gunna order that off ebay. Cheers @beddy , **** knows why i didn't think to look on ebay??

Also why the 'old' tyzack ones? Just because there worn in or cus theres an old style im not aware of? Sorry to sound daft

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite sure mate but the old boys that use them swear by them. Ive got a 90 degree mt. Dont like the 110 degree

Anyone use/know of a smaller internal angle trowel than the marshalltown ones or a better one?

I dislike using the mt one as i find it leave the angle itself to rounded and a hollow along the inch or two runs over. Pain in the arse going back over them with a trowel to sharpen them up.

Anyone got another that gets the angles better quicker/easier

are you sure that the mt twitcher that you have is the plastering one 90 deg. and not the dry wall one at 103 deg ?

The internal bracket is different. Is yours a bit of quadrant welded to both sides? Mine is 2 separate pieces of steel

Where did you buy that bad boy? Ffs this is my second one in 14yrs i threw the first 1 because i was sure it was bent or a bad one haha

That's on the norton hill estate. Iived there all my life till I moved out 4 years ago. Mum still lives there. Used to be a real sought after area. Rapidly going downhill now.

See. Moving closer towards the posh part of town as ur business grows. U'll be in radford before u know it. How often u in the walsgrave? I've got a bad habit lately of stopping for a quick carvery for 1 before i get the kids from nursary lol

Only ever go in for a carvery lol Its a bargain and gorgeous. Used to drink in there but its too quiet. Then moved to the Crown on the forum but since trev left it turned into a dive. Now drink in the painted lady which is trevs now.

Only ever go in for a carvery lol Its a bargain and gorgeous. Used to drink in there but its too quiet. Then moved to the Crown on the forum but since trev left it turned into a dive. Now drink in the painted lady which is trevs now.

Never been in the painted lady but a few mates used to play for their footy team. Im not much of a drinker to be fair though, good session the odd time im out but need time to recoup then plus 2 kids and a hangover dont mix at all. Learnt that 4 years ago when we had our first

Cheers, prob still be a rough **** but we'll see. House bashings ruining my back! Can't wait til the next proper job starts. U seen the thomas vale site on the ringroad by town? Steel structure at the min

On the roundabout for foleshill rd/town..

U must have noticed the timber wall around it all, anyway its just the structure at the min but the firm we sub for are doing the SFS and partitions on it now me and my mate should be doing all the plastering and anout 1000m2 of render so my handywork will be on show [emoji16] unless something goes tits up and we lose it all.

What about the flat type with each end bent up an inch,I think p1ss do them,also mt do a small long twitcher like only 30ishmm wide,I might try one of these two next I'm using a 90degree mt but the ones with the handle on the back of the blade if you know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.