Best all round Ritmo - the L or M ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntJones

Ok so I'm finally ready to invest in a new ritmo (with a powercoat set up). Its gonna do as much as poss across the board for me - mono, bucket coats and spray skim etc.
First I settled on the L. I Saw it spaying skim on you tube no prob - I thought newer technology- More power, longer 20m reach and a sexy vibrator aswell. Sorted.
So then I'm questioned why the L and not the M?
Although the M uses less power it actually pumps a bit faster than the L plus the M's Rotor/Stators are cheaper to replace. But has no Vibro on the hopper..(why is that PFT?)
In terms of initial purchase price the M set up comes in about £900 cheaper.
So Ritmo users, what do you think? Would you swap your L for an M or vica versa? And does the vibrator make much difference at all?

Perfomance wise the L will pump further than the M. If you ever need more power the l has it. The output is the same so it wont pump faster. Ive been using an L on domestic work Monorex, K rend egrade, parmurex, powerwall products since november. Had no problems with domestic power or running of my 8.5 kva generator. never had problems with an m either and had that since 2007.
The L rot/stat is rated to 20 bar which means if you are using it for a sprayed roughcast where a thicker consistency is needed you will be operating around 20 bar on 15 mts hose using monorex which is within the limits of the pump and not causing any extra wear and tear. depending on mortar quality for eg silicone egrade it could go higher

the vibro is handy for working indoors and getting the material down low before it starts creating dust. thats also handy if you are on your own as you know it wont leave stuff stuck to the side whilst you leave it unattended. Its also handy for judging the right amount of gear to put in the machine toward the end of the spray without having to tap the sides and stop the machine to push the material down
texturing is more productive for £££ by using less manpower. The extra hose length theoretically means you wont need to move the machine as much.
So far i have put about 9 ton of various gear through the rotor/stator and have not had to adjust it at all so there must be plenty to go. I have not sold many L stators either so asume they are all lasting well. have sold more M stators but they do last as well.
The l stator is about £135 for a clampable version which is salty.
Theres nothing in the size of them or weight.

Fair play blonesy put his heart & soul into that response. Don't forget the L is a bag of skim heavier. I use the m which as you say is cheaper to buy, to run and does all that I ask of it. I've never needed 20m hose yet. On the very rare accession that I did I'd just put 5m more hose on. With the b41.5 clamp its never pumping at 15bar for 15m hose anyway so as les said before it'll pump further when you need it. I try and look at it as return on investment these days and the m still costs a small fortune so I draw the line there really. For the £900 saved you can add a Refina comp, swing gun, and a few r&s to last a year.
Choices choices.......

Last edited:
We have a powercoat 110v use it for everything and its great.

Get the one on ebay from Reading it looks mint and is a nice saving

I like the ritmo M more than the L it runs with much less amps rotors and stators are cheaper it lighter and still will pump 20 m .use less fuel on your generator . oh and problem with vibrators on machine is they can separate the materials which is not always a good thing with coloured renders

Last edited:
I like the ritmo M more than the L it runs with much less amps rotors and stators are cheaper it lighter and still will pump 20 m .use less fuel on your generator . oh and problem with vibrators on machine is they can separate the materials which is not always a good thing with coloured renders

what you gonna do, bench press it ?

Yep ritmo M is my little baby. I've just sold my ritmo M I've had it six years and it never let me down . I'm now going to get the new version ritmo M with fitted tool box that how confident I am in this machine .

I don't even own a generator. The M's just a big whisk on the van to me. It's heavy enough. Start raising the amps and a sensitive consumer unit might trip on the l where the m wouldn't. I'd just be thinking...m= no genny, L=backup genny. Factor in the genny cost plus fuel and the extra outlay on the machine plus dearer worms and the l starts creeping into 3 phase territory with hassle of kit and expense. That's why I always land on the m. It's enough.

Yes 230 volts allows less amps to build up in the inverter so will make the machine run much better and there for mix more problematic materials much easier .

And its easier than lugging a massive transformer for all the guys who don't have 110v site restrictions

We have a powercoat 110v use it for everything and its great.

Get the one on ebay from Reading it looks mint and is a nice saving

I did, I went and got it Wednesday. (But didn't pay what he was asking) .....Only a few months old and seems to be in good nick.
Got a few more bits to get for it and render set up from PFT Northern. If 110v is good enough for Currier its good enough for me.:RpS_thumbup:

I've gotta lug the transformer I know but what I've saved against the cost of brand new one, I can have two weeks all inclusive in Florida:RpS_cool:

well done mate that was a good buy then

After today I'm now on the look out for another 110 volter I was gonna buy the other on ebay but its been sold and being collected tomorrow :(

If you don't get on with it let me know

Yes I am pleased so far.
I got a 5.5kva transformer coming. Hope that does it.

Av3000 waterpump has no instructions tho. I can't fathom it out. :RpS_cursing:
I had one before with the XL and couldn't get on with that one either.
Hoping Les can help me when I go up next week for the render kit and bits.

Yer bit strange av3000

Sometimes its a long hold down and it goes other times its a few quick pushes.

The instructions we have are German anyways so ye not missing much

Have you ever used a machine before?

I worked with a putzmeister spraying S & C and G4 using mp75 in Germany for three years in the 90's .....Good times
I couldn't find any opportunities for site machine work when I started back here in 96 and it was back to the stick and plunger:RpS_bored: like going back to the dark ages...

So then a couple of years ago I stumble across this forum.......
I bought Goodys Ritmo Xl Twelve months ago and used that for a while. A nice machine by all accounts but I wanted something more versatile.
Hope this one lives up to the expectation.
Especially spray skimming

The Ritmo 240v sounds all right for direct off domestic mains. Add to the machine a water pump and does it need a compressor? Those three will add up to some wattage considering surge on start up.

Never had issues on domestics electric with a 110v tranny running ritmo, water pump and on board air compressor.
I would think a 240 volter would be even more delicate as well.

Never had issues on domestics electric with a 110v tranny running ritmo, water pump and on board air compressor.
I would think a 240 volter would be even more delicate as well.

Steve do you run the Ritmo, onboard compressor and water pump off just one 5kva transformer? We've used a separate one for the water pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.