bent refina 16" s*p*r*lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

billcarphead

love its capabilities but barely 2 months old, knocked it off a window sill (3ft tops) and bent the toe end upwards which put a convex curve in the blade. considering my mt's probably 8yrs old and earnt it's wings, I'm not sure if I'll be persevering with the s*p*r*lex's if there this vulnerable.

Its gonna bend if you drop it its a s*p*r*lex fine blade what do you expect im sure they dont say there shock resistant when you buy them just like any other trowel we all know how easy it is to get the smallest knick in any trowel! :RpS_unsure:

I dropped my nela sf about a week after getting it from a similar height and bent the corner,I was gutted I got it back fine and now you would never know it had bent,I am now so careful with it even in transit I make sure it's safe. :RpS_thumbup:

Iv dropped a marshalltown trowel in the past + its bent, was from a tower scaffold tho! Should look after your tools better, never put my nela anywhere it aint gona be safe!

I`m back to my trusty M.T Carbon steel, cant be arsed with keep changing trowels.

ditto...been cold turkey since feb...im quite enjoying the simpler life again tbh...

it was all starting to get to complicating for me selecting trowels depending on substrate,suction, size of wall etc...

now every finish is consistent again and I know where im at again...I was starting to loose the plot!!!

no tall stories ere or multiple identities just a 2-month-old bent trowel, in 30yrs its never happened before but I thought I'd mention it cause this is not the 1st time it's ever happened and someone else might know of a fix, but extra care is obviously the way forward.

Bent both my Nela s*p*r*lex 14" and my refina 16" s*p*r*lex. Both 5' drops. Took a good few days of gradually easing them back delicately so not to kink em the other way. Its doable with patience but ballache! In cotton wool now!

Ye plazzys are prone to nicks but £15 for replacement blade every two months hardly gonna kill Ye.. Some of my plazzy blades are two yrs old..

Coat with mar'shell le trow'el
Flatten with le' blue blade
Finish with oooooo lalaaaa supasexy'flex xx

Is gettin silly all this .. One trowel to lay on speedskim to flatten and a third trowel to finish..

Status
Not open for further replies.