Before it was dry looked mint

Members online

Creweplastering

image.jpeg
we are a 2 bit renovation company and never plaster on board usually over skim or on render. We have been on a different work this week board finish on broads simple I know and it looked great polished fantastic layed on with nela super flex n but now it's dry oops thought I'd ask u site lads what's gone wrong plz no piss takers been on the trowel 15 yr never seen it like this help me

That looks mint mate! Don't know what is the problem ? I had once request for stone effect plastering and couldn't do it. Left the job with tail between my legs, but I see you have mastered the stone finish effect very well.(y)

Is it flat and smooth when you run your hand over it?

If you do plastering how could you have never skimmed board?

If it looked good before it was dry,I would just keep spraying it with water till the cheque has cleared (y)..
Looks like its had plenty water on it already tbh.
Was it drying a tad quick for you?

It is up stairs lol customer request no skirtings well observed whole job with a nela feel flat n polished never do board bond render only what is it to much water dry polishing :( cheers v12

View attachment 13621 we are a 2 bit renovation company and never plaster on board usually over skim or on render. We have been on a different work this week board finish on broads simple I know and it looked great polished fantastic layed on with nela super flex n but now it's dry oops thought I'd ask u site lads what's gone wrong plz no piss takers been on the trowel 15 yr never seen it like this help me
i can see jesus in it

image-jpeg.13621

It is up stairs lol customer request no skirtings well observed whole job with a nela feel flat n polished never do board bond render only what is it to much water dry polishing :( cheers v12
If you do a lot of plastering I dont believe you never skim boards...how long you been doing plastering jobs?

No mate we only do terraces and repair what's there boards are not needed did this yesterday n u could not see anything on it when wet been on the trowel yrs

At the end of the day mate if its flat and smooth bang some paint on it and who cares....you wont get advice on here only stick...looks like too much water to me and no/or a half hearted dry trowel

And if your really worried give it a little rub down with some 120 grit

Still dont believe it was your first time on board though:)

At the end of the day mate if its flat and smooth bang some paint on it and who cares....you wont get advice on here only stick...looks like too much water to me and no/or a half hearted dry trowel

That's wrong, a courser with about 2 weeks experience will give him advice :bananahappy:

That's wrong, a courser with about 2 weeks experience will give him advice :bananahappy:
I didnt give any advice apart from paint it....whats your advice charlie big bannana, easy to shoot me down while saying f**k all yourself

That wasn't ment to come across as nasty Lodan just a joke. I've no advice to give but if they've layed on with a s*p*r*lex and used it all through the set that would be prime suspect.

That wasn't ment to come across as nasty Lodan just a joke. I've no advice to give but if they've layed on with a s*p*r*lex and used it all through the set that would be prime suspect.
Sorry mate maybe read it wrong(y)

Scottie does that apparently

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A few months ago I did a set and over polished with my wet trowels so didnt bother with a dry trowel as thought it would make it like glass and it looked similar to that...like the poster has said on this set it looked like poo but was still smooth to touch

A few months ago I did a set and over polished with my wet trowels so didnt bother with a dry trowel as thought it would make it like glass and it looked similar to that...like the poster has said on this set it looked like poo but was still smooth to touch
Less to next to nothing water u use the better

Less to next to nothing water u use the better

Yeah im getting that now, was flicking water at it at first but now just got a 4" brush I run round the edges and thats more than enough

Yeah im getting that now, was flicking water at it at first but now just got a 4" brush I run round the edges and thats more than enough
Get a 2" radiator brush or sash brush whichever you'd like to call it then you don't have to jump up and down the hop up or ladder