Becoming a plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun2010

Hi All,

I am currently looking at plastering courses in the north west, could people please advise whether 3 & 4 day courses are ideal at learning to become a plasterer...has anyone else followed this path, to then become a full-time plasterer etc...

Thanks

LOL it wont make you a plasterer but will give you some experience and there are a few lads on here that have done these courses then come on here and ask questions so dip your feet in and where abouts in the north west are you from?

to be honest mate the best way to become a good plasterer is first you need to master the labouring side of it first and do that with a good knowledgeable plasterer.you've also got to want to be a plasterer ,it takes ages to get there and you never stop learning ,that's my advice m8 ;)

Fair enough, thanks.

Yeh I'm doing abit of work with a plasterer for abit of experience. Just wondering whether these courses are beneficial...

Do plasterers get more work from being qualified with NVQ's and City and Guilds.

Ta.

shaun2010 said:
Fair enough, thanks.

Yeh I'm doing abit of work with a plasterer for abit of experience. Just wondering whether these courses are beneficial...

Do plasterers get more work from being qualified with NVQ's and City and Guilds.

Ta.
dont no didn't do one, it cant do u any harm but the bloke your working with should show you the basics i would of thought

always a good start but it wont make you a spread

I did a course and made good money aftera couple of years but in 4 days you are not going to learn enough to brake away and make £1000 a week..... good for Diy and sand paper sales

I did a while with other spreads and now I am employin the spread who trained me...lol funny how the tables turned!

Also just a though (this is what I did/do) if you do wanna make the brake and good at talking BS then just sub your work out and take teh cream then work with the spread and learn as well

Good luck though and if you get stuck you can always ask for help on here

Danny

By all means do a course the longer the better but try and get some work with an experienced plasterer also.
Even if it means working for very little money at the beginning.

SLIPPY said:
By all means do a course the longer the better but try and get some work with an experienced plasterer also.
Even if it means working for very little money at the beginning.

and at the end ;D

agree with flat boy why bother going on a course if you working with a plasterer, whats he say about it,better of giving him the money

A wise man once said that the definition of a plasterer was........A labourer with his head bashed in ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.