Bear with me...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebearbeef

Hi all, my name's Steve.

i'm kind of a plastering mongrel, i've got 14 years experience but i got out the game (famous last words) for a couple of years and came/got forced back in to it.

me and a mate work in a 2 gang but looking to take it more serious this time round - been back on the tools 2 years- and make something of myself.

we're "in" with a couple of good companies so at the point of taking people on and giving it a go pretty soon but won't be a success overnight.

happy to get any advice or abuse anyone has.

also been saying these nela trowels are shite but had a proper go with one on saturday and now eating humble pie. I do like humble pie.

thanks, no i've not tried any of the speed skim tools. i'm kind of stuck in a time warp i think. can't get passed thinking a marshall towns is all u need but slowly opening my eyes.

seen a few lads polishing with the refina plastic trowels and they seem to clean all the splash marks right off.

thanks, no i've not tried any of the speed skim tools. i'm kind of stuck in a time warp i think. can't get passed thinking a marshall towns is all u need but slowly opening my eyes.

seen a few lads polishing with the refina plastic trowels and they seem to clean all the splash marks right off.

The speed skim is definitely worth a look especially this time of year, it'll knock down finish on board work as flat as a witches tit and being plastic it won't bring anywhere near as much moisture to the surface as metal.

is that the difference with the plastic tools then they don't bring the scum to the top as much? im getting loads of tiger marks in my finishing lately and to be totally honest im lost why. ive not changed anything over the past 5-6 years except to a new permashape 6 months ago ish. glad i joined this forum, brains to pick and answers to find. im not a rough sod by the way!

is that the difference with the plastic tools then they don't bring the scum to the top as much? im getting loads of tiger marks in my finishing lately and to be totally honest im lost why. ive not changed anything over the past 5-6 years except to a new permashape 6 months ago ish. glad i joined this forum, brains to pick and answers to find. im not a rough sod by the way!

The speed skim and s*p*r*lex imo is definitely the way to go at this time of year mate, the multi is prone to tiger striping if troweled with excessive water or too much pressure on the trowel blade. Speed skim will knock down unbelievably flat with next to no moisture allowing you to get on it earlier the s*p*r*lex will allow you to trowel with no water and no pressure on the blade.
Your tigers will soon be on the endangered species list. :)

The speed skim and s*p*r*lex imo is definitely the way to go at this time of year mate, the multi is prone to tiger striping if troweled with excessive water or too much pressure on the trowel blade. Speed skim will knock down unbelievably flat with next to no moisture allowing you to get on it earlier the s*p*r*lex will allow you to trowel with no water and no pressure on the blade.
Your tigers will soon be on the endangered species list. :)

haha i hope so. they seem to be on the increase lately!

thanks. enjoying the forum so far and plenty of people keen to chat/boast/moan. right up my street

Nice one :RpS_biggrin: it can be quite addictive this place, I only came on for some tips on anal bleaching ( thanks again @keithuk for all the advice :RpS_thumbsup:) now I'm hooked

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one :RpS_biggrin: it can be quite addictive this place, I only came on for some tips on anal bleaching ( thanks again @keithuk for all the advice :RpS_thumbsup:) now I'm hooked

keen to hear more on this feck the plastering. any youtube tutorials?

keen to hear more on this feck the plastering. any youtube tutorials?

Loads on there on waxing/bleaching, here is @keithuk getting a wax done :RpS_thumbsup:

[video=youtube_share;YH1O2asE_Js]http://youtu.be/YH1O2asE_Js[/video]

@Arti is also a big fan :RpS_wink:

99 mentions ,not to do with my work ,just bumming :RpS_crying: thanks guys :RpS_thumbup::RpS_unsure:

Just so we're clear...my hello thread was never intended to be a G** meeting place, anal bleaching advice thread or general anus related talking zone.....but when life gives you lemons.....

Just so we're clear...my hello thread was never intended to be a G** meeting place, anal bleaching advice thread or general anus related talking zone.....but when life gives you lemons.....

Too late beefy....
oli is having you.......:)

Well you will come on here with a name like thebeefybear, asking for bum trouble really :confused:

Ffs beefy yer fecked noo....arti, oli combo:-(.........

not seen this scenario for a long time:RpS_unsure:...
good luck.

Last edited:
OliArti Beef Sandwhich mmmm:RpS_w00t: all it needs is a dollop of @keithuk :RpS_thumbsup:

does that make it 100 mentions now Keith? :RpS_wink:

You don't scare me! I was told its not that G** anyway unless u really push back hard*.

*true story, group of marines in Gran Canaria circa 2006. They had big arms so i went with what they said. great holiday. wife enjoyed it also

oh god what has this place done to me. i only joined to get some tips and maybe make a few work contacts now look whats happened

Status
Not open for further replies.