beads & batons

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

1080mulls

Guys,

I've got to go back to brick work as a complete wall has blown. As a bit of a novice, I have a couple of questions:

1) i was going to baton out the wall and use a featheredge get the hardwall nice and flat, then remove batons, fill the holes and skim. To save a bit of time/effort, I was hoping I can use 10mm stop beads instead of wood that I can leave in permanently and use as the batons. Is this ok?

2) These are old bricks - very porous. I was going to give them a good soaking before applying the hardwall, but do I need to PVA first? Also, how long after shall I leave before skimming -ie, shall I do it still slightly damp or let it dry, then wet/PVA?

Thanks for all your help.

Pva it mate chuck a 5 litre tub in a bucket then fill it up twice with water chuck that in and give it a good stir do a small wall if it cracks give the rest two coats, you're supposed to skim it when It's dry prob an hour and Half or so or if you're new to it all I'd be tempted to do a days hardwall give the hardwall 2 coats pva the next day and skim it

Use beads mate snap a string line off you're wall 13mm onto the ceiling do the same at the bottom 13mm off the wall and snap it on the floor and level you're beads off these lines, buy a couple of bags of dab adhesive and stick you're beads up it'll be alot straighter

Status
Not open for further replies.