Beading hell!

dean01

Hi guys,

I’m doing a thin coat silicone system. Wasn’t sure if I should stop bead under soffit, as is all over the place, or should I just drop 10mm and level through that way ? Also do you you tend to stop bead round everything, how about going into a flashing for example, or quoins ? Ok thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I’m doing a thin coat silicone system. Wasn’t sure if I should stop bead under soffit, as is all over the place, or should I just drop 10mm and level through that way ? Also do you you tend to stop bead round everything, how about going into a flashing for example, or quoins ? Ok thanks in advance!
Have you rendered before???

clearly you don’t know jack s**t, what a knob f**k off
I’m not the one putting basic week one day one questions up fucktard!!Should have listened to your old tradesman before you went taking some poor old sods house on your Todd!!!prob forgot more than you know btw!!

Hi guys,

Depends on the detail, usually a good quality tape is good enough so long as you tape nice and neat. I've been asked to bead up to soffit before to allow for roof settlement but that was as builders request. @Dansouthcoast84 @owls @Rigsby @madmonk plus too many other full time renderers on here will give good advice

Depends on the detail, usually a good quality tape is good enough so long as you tape nice and neat. I've been asked to bead up to soffit before to allow for roof settlement but that was as builders request. @Dansouthcoast84 @owls @Rigsby @madmonk plus too many other full time renderers on here will give good advice
@dean01
we usually bead against a soffit if its timber frame/ timber internal/masonry external for settlement. 10mm down

I bead up to anything that is flexible so that includes soffits, sills but on window and door frames there usually isn’t enough room because the angle bead wing takes up most of the reveal so I cut a 1mm gap out between the render and frame with a small tool and silicone after..

I’m not the one putting basic week one day one questions up fucktard!!Should have listened to your old tradesman before you went taking some poor old sods house on your Todd!!!prob forgot more than you know btw!!
Why be a member, if your just here to criticise!