Be careful people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryed

Private Member
A fella I've worked with has been diagnosed with having only 30% of his lungs working as they now look like a honeycomb which is probably a result of coming into contact with asbestos. This has come to light as his breathing has become a struggle. His working days are over.

Very sad, I screwed into it the other day in a cupboard without thinking straight, cupbord packed with junk and ironically I fitted a carbon monoxide alarm, what is the work history of your pal that brought him in to contact with asbestos ? please do not say general plastering...

The trouble is theres many conditions /trades that can fcuk ya lungs up,bakery (flour), foundry (dust,chemicals i.e. isocianates) car sprayers (2 pack paint, iso's again) etc even smoking, thats w/o injuries and wear and tear, when we're younger we don't take any notice of whats around us or even as aware. Its very sad, it pixxesme off tho' that someone like my dad worked up to 68 grafting all hours to keep his family but is now bosted up and can't fuly enjoy his retirement through health and finances, grafters should be able to retire at 50-55 on a good pension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.