Baumit Kp36 W Plaster

Members online

Shamrock78

Has anybody got any experience using this stuff. This is used as a basecoat and also a top coat. Its going to be used on new block work and concrete ceilings in an Eco house. Just wondering how it behaves, because its Lime based can you fire a load on as it won't dry as quick as S&C?

Not this one, but have used Bauwer which might be a similar product. The base coat was so light it was like floating marshmallow. If it says to dampen base before applying finish then make sure that happens, even if still green as the bauwer top needs this to prevent shelling.

Not this one, but have used Bauwer which might be a similar product. The base coat was so light it was like floating marshmallow. If it says to dampen base before applying finish then make sure that happens, even if still green as the bauwer top needs this to prevent shelling.
It might be similar to Bauwer, it is a German product which the builder has never seen or used before and he was asking me if I ever used it. There is not much info on it online so it must be a new product. It goes on 10mm minimum for basecoat and 5mm for top coat. Am I right in saying it will hang around for ages because of the lime content so you can throw loads on? The top coat gets finished with a sponge?

When applying finish, yes you will have much more working time and can be re-worked with sponge. I sometimes sponge finish and sometimes steel trowel, depending on what's required. The bauwer lite base is very light and can be put on at a crazy thickness without slumping. But I can't reiterate enough, if the instructions say dampen base before finish then do it as I did have a small section shell where I hadn't, thinking the base was moist enough not to need it. Speak to baumit too for advice.

When applying finish, yes you will have much more working time and can be re-worked with sponge. I sometimes sponge finish and sometimes steel trowel, depending on what's required. The bauwer lite base is very light and can be put on at a crazy thickness without slumping. But I can't reiterate enough, if the instructions say dampen base before finish then do it as I did have a small section shell where I hadn't, thinking the base was moist enough not to need it. Speak to baumit too for advice.
Cheers mate