Batons with hop-ups???

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Ok, So not looking to completely baton rooms out as haven't got the space in the van or the will to drag through houses...

Dicked off with stilts,
Steps not great
Hop-ups not so bad

Anyway heard some people say they use 2 hop ups or crates and just the 1 plank...

Been toying with trying as my back is broken and lids kill me!

What I cant understand though unless im being really thick is how that would work out any better???

Because if you for example use/ have the plank running parallel with the ceiling edge your pulling from and then either go round all ceiling lines/fill in middle or typewriter method...surley your only the same as on a step as you cant move your feet which is bad for your back???

likewise if working along them length ways your still having to move them over as much as you would an hopup but just more awkward???

Am I missing summet???

Zombie

so split heads is just a phrase for boarding the room?

didn't know if they were like a trestle or summet?

They're supports for the scaff. Don't see 'em nowadays, shaped like a letter 'H'.... or more so a letter 'A' with a gap in the top to 'slip' the support plank/baton through :RpS_thumbup:

One day............ one day....... if I ever get to the back of my shed again, I'll maybe find some :RpS_unsure:

They look like the letter A, u then place a scaffold board on edge , put a wedge down side of scaff board , and they are self supporting

They're supports for the scaff. Don't see 'em nowadays, shaped like a letter 'H'.... or more so a letter 'A' with a gap in the top to 'slip' the support plank/baton through :RpS_thumbup:

One day............ one day....... if I ever get to the back of my shed again, I'll maybe find some :RpS_unsure:

ahhhhhhhhhhh I seeeeeeeeeeee!!!! .....thanks bubbles!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

job im on at the moment is fully scaffed out for ceilings and walls....................well the ceilings are a fists width above my head height so i can reach the lid from the floor haha:RpS_blushing:

I've found two crates and a batton to be a pain,the time it takes to move about,you have to put your hawk and trowel down to move it whitch annoys me,I find it much easyer with a milk crate,I have bolted pieces of 18mm flooring cut to the same size as the crate to the top of all mine,they are much more sturdy that way and you can just kick them around the room.

wow......split heads bring back memories
on new work/solid floors i like stilts..... on domestic work i use hop-ups

wow battens and split heads ......we once was doing a sports hall with high ceilings so we used H frames and battens and one of the lads fell through .....with pretty nasty results

I've found two crates and a batton to be a pain,the time it takes to move about,you have to put your hawk and trowel down to move it whitch annoys me,I find it much easyer with a milk crate,I have bolted pieces of 18mm flooring cut to the same size as the crate to the top of all mine,they are much more sturdy that way and you can just kick them around the room.

can only use crates on very low lids though no good for terraced houses etc...also cant get a good pull as feet are in a fixed position...which I think is causing the pain with my back etc

Status
Not open for further replies.