bathroom tiles pulled off

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmo72

hi guys been to look at a bathroom job .. the customer has pulled all the tiles off and scraped most of the tile adhesive .but where some tiles have come off it has pulle d the plasterboard away in places (only small holes though ) they want the wall smooth cos gonna paint and not retile ....wots best way please

p.s they have already installed there new bathroom suite :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

whatever it needs with bonding but sod waiting a day add a bit of cement and skim an hour later job done

make sure you pva the area first matey,otherwise the bonding dry out too quick and fall off.i tend not to mix in other materials to make it set quicker,you may as well let it set properly and you cant go wrong.happy plastering ;) :)

Amazes me how many people spend money putting in a new bathroom / kitchen and then afterwards think ….. hmm lets change the tiles etc!!????? :-?

whatever it needs with bonding but sod waiting a day add a bit of cement and skim an hour later job done
ya have to be carefull when mixin cement in tho cos it goes of quickly :eek:

I do loads of bathrooms, I normally lash the bonding on in the morn and then skim later in the day I dont find a need to add cement.

Danny

yes this bloke is not clued in ....down the side of the toilet there aint enough room to get a butter knife down the side never mind a trowel..told him it might have been a better idea to put the bathroom suite in after skimming ... he just smiled and said never mind its done now ....... simpleton :mad:

yes this bloke is not clued in ....down the side of the toilet there aint enough room to get a butter knife down the side never mind a trowel..told him it might have been a better idea to put the bathroom suite in after skimming ... he just smiled and said never mind its done now ....... simpleton :mad:

Did you say "yep i can skim beside the toilet but i'm going to have to take the toilet out first and that will be another £60 to remove and then re-fit"

i asked him if he was gonna take toilet and sink out .... but he said took me ages to put em in no way am i moving them again ..... i did it once b4 and couldn,t get the toilet back in rite place ended up staying hours longer after actual job had finished trying to get toilet back in so not a fan of taking them out

Status
Not open for further replies.