Bathroom Moisture Resistant Board, Skim or Tape?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

J4m13

Hi there, I am in the process of re-doing my bathroom. As I removed the tiles, I have taken off large chunks of the plaster (it was really really bad in most places), which I have now completely removed and am about to fit some moisture resistant board, as advised by the tiler.
We will be having tiles on the bottom halves of 3 walls, and one full wall. The top halves will be painted, and I had planned to skim them. Having read about skimming onto these boards, I have seen conflicting opinions over pva/bonding agents being needed, as well as the stupidity of applying a non moisture resistant product over a moisture resistant one!
I am now not sure what to do. Would I be better off skimming them, or tape and filling the joints and the painting them directly?
The tiler is coming on Monday, so I need to get on with it asap, seen as I don't even have the boards up yet. Thank you in advance for the help :)

Just prime and skim them,it does remove the moisture resistant bit of course,(tape and joint is good if the boards are nice and flat)

Still works out cheaper than a bag of multi and a tub of thistle bond it assuming it Doesn't fall off of course. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.