bathroom dilemma

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkatus12

Can anybody help. I need to plaster my bathroom. However everywhere I read nobody agrees on what to use. Ideally it needs to be a plaster or render because of space. I know aqua board would be ideal but I can't use it on certain walls because of architrive etc. Some say you shouldn't use plaster in bathrooms and some say it is ok. Any help would be much appreciated.

Can anybody help. I need to plaster my bathroom. However everywhere I read nobody agrees on what to use. Ideally it needs to be a plaster or render because of space. I know aqua board would be ideal but I can't use it on certain walls because of architrive etc. Some say you shouldn't use plaster in bathrooms and some say it is ok. Any help would be much appreciated.

Why are architrives an issue?, can these not be removed and 2x1 planted on frame to allow for aqua panel. Who says you cant plaster in a bathroom? (what else would you use??) obviously wet areas in baths/showers would need to be tiled but plaster is fine in a bathroom, what you bein reading?

All the bathrooms I've done have been plastered, where the tiles go I've flattened it and given it a brush for a key. Never had a complaint yet.

All the bathrooms I've done have been plastered, where the tiles go I've flattened it and given it a brush for a key. Never had a complaint yet.

Just Googled it. They all say the plaster will suck the water in. Was going to use a render instead. Just out of interest would the plaster / render take to clay pots because this is what I need to plaster onto. Thanks.

Just Googled it. They all say the plaster will suck the water in. Was going to use a render instead. Just out of interest would the plaster / render take to clay pots because this is what I need to plaster onto. Thanks.

water wont suck in through tiles, plaster wouldn't be suitable on its own in a shower for example but no problems using it on the ceiling and walls then tiling over the plaster in wet areas ect. clay pots should be fine to plaster over with adequate key, if smooth face pre treatment with thistle bond it or knauf betocontact before float and skim or render then skim whatever you decide to do. I take it your not a plasterer........why dont you get someone who knows what there doin to plaster it for you.

It's only my own house. I am an electrician by trade but like to have a go at it all in my own house. Thanks for the info.

It's only my own house. I am an electrician by trade but like to have a go at it all in my own house. Thanks for the info.
Just remember that before re'plaster you make sure you leave a **** load of cable hanging out of any saving points etc and if you are having down lighters in the ceiling you cut all the holes before you skim .that way you you will see what a pain in the F*****g arse sparkies are and how they all think they are gods gift to the human race and every one else can go **** themselves just as long as there job is ok.PS if you really want to piss yourself off cut off said cables and fill in any boxes with skim then you can have a mother of all moaning sessions . Hope this helps and welcome to a forum for a proper trade.:RpS_thumbsup:

If you decide to put any chases in for wires please use lots of plastic sheathing and make sure it's proud of the wall :RpS_thumbup:

Just remember that before re'plaster you make sure you leave a **** load of cable hanging out of any saving points etc and if you are having down lighters in the ceiling you cut all the holes before you skim .that way you you will see what a pain in the F*****g arse sparkies are and how they all think they are gods gift to the human race and every one else can go **** themselves just as long as there job is ok.PS if you really want to piss yourself off cut off said cables and fill in any boxes with skim then you can have a mother of all moaning sessions . Hope this helps and welcome to a forum for a proper trade.:RpS_thumbsup:

Thats him not coming back..............:RpS_laugh:..........that will teach him to come over to the dark side ..............:RpS_thumbup:

sparkatus12
user-offline.png

reputation_pos.png

Join Date29-10-2012Last Activity30-10-2012 07:52

0 Friends

sparkatus12 has not made any friends yet

:RpS_biggrin: Welcome aboard sparky marra :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi Sparkatus

My name is Richard Lord and i am the spec manager for the Knauf Aquapanel products....... most of the sensible stuff that has been said above is right about gypsum plasters (the rest is banter - I'm sure that sparks moan about the plasters on their forum and sites... LOL)

Give me a shout on 07918766577 in working hours and I'll try to give you advice on what to use and where in a bathroom (tiles, plaster, render etc...)

It is your bathroom, if you want to do it yourself - go for it! If you want a plasterer to give you a quote and do the work, post where your based and someone on here will happily help you out!

Hi SparkatusMy name is Richard Lord and i am the spec manager for the Knauf Aquapanel products....... most of the sensible stuff that has been said above is right about gypsum plasters (the rest is banter - I'm sure that sparks moan about the plasters on their forum and sites... LOL)Give me a shout on 07918766577 in working hours and I'll try to give you advice on what to use and where in a bathroom (tiles, plaster, render etc...) It is your bathroom, if you want to do it yourself - go for it! If you want a plasterer to give you a quote and do the work, post where your based and someone on here will happily help you out!
Best bit of advice so far, sparkatus:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.