Base coat Alpine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but I didnt want to use their product as its pants down. I was going to use sand and cement what do you think?

i try and use an ocr to around 10mm then a coat of alpine to 4mm depending on what u are matching to, also if u cant get the alpine try high build its much the same stuff

When you mean base coat do you mean the render? if so them on masonry sand & cement or ocr. If you mean what do you put on prior to applying the Alpine then it is Weber PR310. Usually 2 coats.

Use sand and cement you can devil scratch it too like internal floating try to kill all the suction in the top coat otherwise you will get joints and it looks crap. Where abouts in Blackpool are you im in Cleveleys ive done loads of alpine. Also let the top coat cure properly or the granite stones in the alpine finish will dig in the render and not roll properly you will get black lines

Hi mate are you busy I dont seem to stop at the moment. Ive done a lot on sand and cement but never alpine so was just asking you lads if sand and cemet was ok for base coat its to go on a small porch lovely new block work.? Im in south shore.

The primer is not just for suction control but it has to white primer to stop the scratches grinning through. Like you do with bucket stuff Connie and the like.

Ive got a big detached house comin up sand and cement and tyrolean now thats the worst finish!! About three weeks work though:RpS_biggrin:

Me too bubbles. And I like unmasking everything at the end and seeing it all clean, its like magic! Lol

Masking up well takes as long as the job itself. But it makes it so worth while when after your last spray you take the masking off, skip it and off home you go! What top coat do you use? I use BLI (Buxton Lime Industries) Limebond cement. It has cement, lime and air entrainer already added. Mix at 5:1 = 6:1:1. I use Sulphate resisting cement in the base coat if I can get hold of it. Cuts down on effloresence ruining the finsh. Rend-aid helps against salt but costs a bit and needs ti cure for at least 3 days. Putting SBR in the base coat helps too but again cost a bit but makes a stain free finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.