barn convertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

been to look at a job today ... a barn convertion.. everything is studded out and the walls are all battoned .. the site manager says he wants 55mm insulation on the exterior walls and 12.5 mm board .. but then he mentioned a couple of things i wasnt sure about .. the window reveals need insulated backboard . and the ceillings and walls upstairs are to be wallboard 10 .. im not too sure what hes refering too .. also whats the best form of sound proofing between the boards ? i really need some help ....

sorry gary got another question .. the spec for the exterior walls is 55mm insulation and 12.5 mm board .. i take it the insulation i use is something like cavity batt so that it compresses behind the board , the battons are only inch so its got around 30mm to compress ? .. what length screws do i use considering im only screwing into inch batton and having to compress insulation at the same time ..

nice one mate youve been a great help ... think im gonna have to question the site managers choice of spec for insulation , i dont think changing the battons is an option as its a big job and all the exterior walls have already been done ... atleast when i talk to him now i know what hes on about and i dont sound such a ****wit .. cheers mate

Might be an idea to print off some specs for the boards and sit down with him to sort it out. If your seen to be helping him out it will stand you in good stead for future jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.