bare brick and one big wall with god knows what on

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingbat

Hi Hope someone can help. I am working on a kitchen renovation and have took all the old plaster off down to brick apart from one wall which I will come to in a minute. First question should I dot and dab it or bonding coat it then finish it and do I need to pva ? The brick work is old and damaged from smashing the old plaster off I can't help but think skimming it with bonding coat will help to strengthen it. I guess dot and dab would be easier. Anyway next question the remaining large wall I have not took the plaster off as it seems pretty solid. However it is covered in thick old paint and paper. What is the best thing to do ? Could I pva it and just use board finish or should I bonding coat it or could I dot and dab straight onto it ?? I was thinking of battening the wall then screwing boards straight onto it.
Ok last question sorry to rant on..... when I have boards up I have always wondered could I just fill the joints with easy fill and not skim the boards I have seen this before and it looks ok. I know the pro's will tear me to bits and say skim it but what the hell peace x any help and advice is very much appreciated.

Dot & Dab the brickwork. take the paper off the other wall and see what state its is then you might be able to just skim it.. or if you cant be bothered, batton it and board it. you can fill and sand the the joints if you want marra its up to you

welcome to the forum

High Dingbut . Why don't you just batton and then board all the walls , then get a plasterer around to give you a quote to skim it all . IF this is not an option then yes tape the joints but skimming is a better job imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.