Bad scaffold

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
problem is the scaffs dont realise we need the transoms away from the wall, they are put tight to stabilise the scaffold, called a push /pull tie ( not a real tie ) if it was explained to them, they could then stabilise the scaffold with a buttress etc...

I've got a good scaffold outfit at the minute. I ask them to keep everything 14" - 16" off the walls and leave a load of loose transoms and planks so I can place them across the ledgers to get nearer the wall when I need them. But mine's all private work so don't have to worry about jobsworths on sites :RpS_thumbup:

The max gap from the scaffold to the wall is 9'' ( 1 board ) i hear what your saying and i do the same, but any accidents and your fuked...

Pins and poles scaffold is when you hammer pointed about 3ft long poles into the mortar bed at your required lift height then just clip them onto the long scaffold pole. Make sure you stand the pole on something solid. That was the standard scaffold for roughcast and render before h and s went mad. Take the scaffold down and fill pin holes as your coming down the gable. A lot of guys still use pins and poles doing private work.

weve got one were on at the mo just finished the inside today an were doin the k rend on the outside in the new year so i thought id go and have a little look at the scaff and fack me every tube is touching the walls low lifts hight lifts some with only a couple of boards one even has only 2 boards spanning 10ft or more on a slope with nothing supporting the middle, bounces like a caant

if i was doing that job, i'd render the bits that are easy to reach work round tubes touching walls etc etc, they'd soon change the scaffold on the next bloody house

if i was doing that job, i'd render the bits that are easy to reach work round tubes touching walls etc etc, they'd soon change the scaffold on the next bloody house

Thing is if you did that you probably wouldn't get the next house lol

Status
Not open for further replies.