Bad habits

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kINGPIN

I was just wondering what sort of bad habits or practices people here don't like to see on site/domestic from other plasterers. What do people do that makes you cringe or sets alarm bells off?

I saw in another thread somewhere that someone mentioned 'cleaning beads with there fingers' (which I have done), brushing internals, and a few other things that I cant remember. Any dodgy health and safety practices etc.

I don't want to build bad habits that will be hard to break in the future.

Cheers

when working with another spread, winds me up when they put their hawk and trowel on the spot when I'm trying to gear off it, I know one spread who f**ks it on the floor.

Why would'nt you run a small dog' cock brush down an internal if you get it right it leaves a nice neat fat line down the angle when it dries out. First thing a clerk of jerks looks at when they walk into a newly plastered room, (do they still have a clerk of works on site?)

Yet again spunky you've completly missed the point and tried to start a war in an otherwise innocent thread. I was asking about those because some people do it and others don't because they were taught differently or just don't like it. At this stage in the game I couldnt care less about either so long as it works, but if they are bad practice it would be good to know as well as interesting to see how peoples ways/methods differ. ...bit like spongefloating.

I hate it when people wipe there fat on the side of the bucket, sods law that my brush handle sits in it. I've also got OCD when it comes to cleaning trowels. Marky where in cov are you from?

when working with another spread, winds me up when they put their hawk and trowel on the spot when I'm trying to gear off it, I know one spread who f**ks it on the floor.

when my brother does this i throw is straight off the board

really he fucks it on the floor fair play that must be entertaining the floor ******* spread

Cheers lads. Beddy, do you have a seperate bucket for cleaning your trowels or just use the one with your splash brush?

'Dog cock brush' LMAO:RpS_lol:

i always wipe my fat on my bucket :)

i think mr gibbo didnt like it as every time i came back to the bucket hed cleaned it off!

but the things i hate are when taking it off a spot when people dont take all the gear off back to the board, and leaving tools covered in s**t

if someone threw any of my tools on the floor id rather punch them in the nose like what would one want us to do put it on ones ******* floor

beddy not being able to reach high enough on a wall coz hes a short arse so i have to do all the tops all day winds me up

poor lad the other day was being made to mix full tubs outside and carry them on his shoulder upstairs. **** that

poor lad the other day was being made to mix full tubs outside and carry them on his shoulder upstairs. **** that

Thats what im going to do with new labs, make them appreciate the Ritmo when we get it out :)

They will think plastering is too easy otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.