Bad day at the office

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is as much training available as you need. It isn't limited and we can go through it again and again. Most people just cant wait to get their shiny new machines in the van and head home therefore we have the phone available. I tell the people who have bought machines to call me before they put any powder in. I can then go through everything from where its plugged in to how much water is in the put etc etc. This will eliminate any problems to do with start up and takes about 3-5 mins a time compared with much longer if they fukc it up.
That service is there for anyone so use it!

Might be a good idea if you can obtain manuals on PFT machines. How to service them like filters for example, how to set up and problem diagnosis.

I would like someone to show on youtube how to set up a clamp and do a pressure test. I cannot get that right but I think there might be a leak on the connection of my pressure tester.

I would say that the half days training is plenty to get you going if all goes well but it's when you get something go wrong that's the problem.
I think to be fully confident there should be two days training supplied so that most scenarios and potential problems can be ironed out.

i agree mate

There is as much training available as you need. It isn't limited and we can go through it again and again. Most people just cant wait to get their shiny new machines in the van and head home therefore we have the phone available. I tell the people who have bought machines to call me before they put any powder in. I can then go through everything from where its plugged in to how much water is in the put etc etc. This will eliminate any problems to do with start up and takes about 3-5 mins a time compared with much longer if they fukc it up.
That service is there for anyone so use it!

ian what rigsby said i think could be a good idea. some short vids of how to do things like setup a clamp etc. would save you some calls probably aswell.

do you get many people taking further training? or supervised for their first day on a job?

Last edited:
Might be a good idea if you can obtain manuals on PFT machines. How to service them like filters for example, how to set up and problem diagnosis.

I would like someone to show on youtube how to set up a clamp and do a pressure test. I cannot get that right but I think there might be a leak on the connection of my pressure tester.

iv got a ritmo manual

Pft have a full training video at the website for ritmo and g series u also get this DVD with the machine I think

Not really nick I imagine most people are too busy to come spend a day out the offer is there though.
And like I say if u ring when it's set up we can go through everything before u put the material In and make sure it's done correct ly and avoid problems

Wasn,t Les going to start a PFT approved training centre?

It would be good if us part time machine lads could come on a refresher course.

Rigsby im spraying on Wednesday so ill do a pressure test and film it if you want.

Andy our leads is 10 m as well.

I have found that just getting the machine out and using it for the last year has taught me all I need to know. The fu ck ups are all part of the learning curve and help you develop a better understanding of how the machine actually functions.

Now thats a good one ,Les is so helpfull on the phone ,i went up to see him 4years ago only becase i lost faith in the g4 ,came back a happy man again and that was me sorted ,still phone now and then .I agree that a few courses a year ,if guys needed it, would be a great help ,even just on servicing the machine and genny

Rigsby im spraying on Wednesday so ill do a pressure test and film it if you want.

Andy our leads is 10 m as well.

I have found that just getting the machine out and using it for the last year has taught me all I need to know. The fu ck ups are all part of the learning curve and help you develop a better understanding of how the machine actually functions.

yes, that would be good.

I turn off the tap and let the needle rise until it stops, then I turn off the machine and the needle drops sometimes a bit sometimes a lot. I never get the same reading twice. I did notice though the last time I did it a small leak on the coupling when the needle was rising, perhaps thats why.

Know what you mean rigsby, you kind of do it again and again til you get the one you want! Also do you add anything to the water like fairy liquid etc at test time?

Fill ritmo chamber with water and turn on. allow water to flow through. Turn valve to stop water flow and pressure will rise. Allow ritmo to run for a few more secs then turn off. Pressure will drop to correct reading

Thats how i do it anayway

A ritmo L manual in english would be good also a translation for the error messages that are stuck to the inside of the control panel door

Yep, I did get a snazzy set of bad overalls tho (which I love) and a genuine euro 2012 football!

Know what you mean rigsby, you kind of do it again and again til you get the one you want! Also do you add anything to the water like fairy liquid etc at test time?

No fairy in the test but the machine has it on cleaning out and plenty on set up so there will be some floating around.

That previous one id for a G5 this one is for a G4 but the principles are the same. There is another somewhere what shows doing the pressure test as well. I will find it.
PFT G4

the key is no good as they are designed for the old style spray caps, the new spray caps (well been out for ages now) have a step on them so you pull the airline back a little bit further

All right Stu!

Was thinking of an old L&D post of yours today. Did you mention you succesfully scraped back Weber ocr to flat? Reason I am asking is, if I was to get a render and coating job in winter, I would probably noy get the ocr to go off before dark. So if I was to spray ocr on slightly proud and I section it back the next day to flat would be a good enough flatness for say bucket coat or Marmorit SP260?

yes john if you spray the ocr in the same manner as mono then ibar it back in the morning and finish it off with a scratch pad then thats plenty good enoughfor bucketcoat

Ok so you can spray OCR/CPI ect then treat it the same as mono. I-beam and scratch pad it then leave to dry. Then prime it and top coat??

Rigsby have you used up210, scratch it back and sponge it

No, I have not used any Parex or Marmorit gear. I can get OCR easy enough of the shelf locally.

Cpi might be cheaper but you need to order enough. I think the nearest depot to me is in Coventry about 120 miles away. Bit far to go if you run short. Not sure how the CPI gear would scratch back, my sample bags set quite hard.

I liked how the Up210 sprayed on the Blones vid, looks decent stuff. Again it is having to order more than enough. Although the good thing about surplus grey render you can always use it somewhere.

We mainly use the ritmo for mp75 and renders as there are much better profits to be made on them over skimming.

To be honest skimming has had issues which we have only just fixed with a modified mixing shaft, however I still feel that the on board compressor is not powerful enough to spray any skim so that the plaster is not over textured once it is on the board work.

We had a go recently with Knaufs ritmo at their training center and their setup used a 400 l/ m compressor which seemed much better. We are hoping to borrow a higher powered compressor to test soon.

Steve - this modified ritmo mixing shaft for skim set up, what did you do to it to improve it?
And what 110v comp do you use instead of the onboard one?

We have just stopped using the powercoat shaft all together now. We just use the ritmo m one designed for renders I think. Have splutterung issues otherwise.

We don't use the on board compressor. We are trying the Refina 110v comp at the moment which les has kindly lent me. It's spraying for 40mins fine but does get hot.

Jsut about to leave to spray mp finish today. Did 180m+ in one hit yesterday 2+1 gang.

Going for 208m today in a hit and finish by 2 pm

Just a update if anyone cares - 208 on by 11am finished at 2.15pm

Got it on vid as as well this time just need to edit them together

Status
Not open for further replies.