Back on the tools for a bit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been offered some work with the chippy that helped me finish off our renovation project :)

I am sure the novelty will wear off after the first week but its only a couple of days a week here and there.

Just in time for winter :-\

@Danny....I think id probabley enjoy it if I was just doing the odd day here and there that was just for a bit of extra money bonus money etc...

doing it everydays is fookin hard graft to try and make up a wage for a living is a mugs game these days im afraid!!!

there again I live in Barnsley not Hollywood so may be different for others!!!

Barnsley born , Barnsley bred - strong in the arm but thick in the head .... only jokin marra lol :D

I agree @zombie it is a mugs game nowadays .... im on the look out for something else but will probably struggle even with uni quals to get decent money ...

@Danny....I think id probabley enjoy it if I was just doing the odd day here and there that was just for a bit of extra money bonus money etc...

doing it everydays is fookin hard graft to try and make up a wage for a living is a mugs game these days im afraid!!!

there again I live in Barnsley not Hollywood so may be different for others!!!
Spot on zombie mate, it's enjoyable for me when I get away from the paperwork and estimating and go back on the tools,

Am sick of plastering rendering the lot of it. I was doing s&c to day by hand put on over 2 ton and am f**k*d. Use to be able to do that in my sleep. Not any more.

Yup totally get you.... I remember a old plumber telling me wait till you get to you late
30s /40 y old you will start slowing down & not as enthusiastic ......
I was like yeah yeah never , haha miserable Fooker was right hahah ...
I've put two massive steels in yesterday by hand , I ache like mad today hahah
I am thinking , Need to work smarter as you get older

Haha , a hope ur taking the piss :frenetico:
Why do you think I should put them up to £130?......

On a serious note I try not to do daywork anymore,i prefer to price then everyone knows where they stand,I work my prices out so that even if I have a bad or unproductive day for some reason I still get a decent days wage.

Am sick of plastering rendering the lot of it. I was doing s&c to day by hand put on over 2 ton and am f**k*d. Use to be able to do that in my sleep. Not any more.
No the feeling me and the apprentice have done 150m2 of ewi on a farm since last friday finish tomorrow couldn't come to soon me elbow is f**k*d 12 hour days kill me after a week haha

Why do you think I should put them up to £130?......

On a serious note I try not to do daywork anymore,i prefer to price then everyone knows where they stand,I work my prices out so that even if I have a bad or unproductive day for some reason I still get a decent cock up me arse.

Is this for a builder or customer?

Yeah , i only work a couple of weeks a month at the plastering.
I enjoy it that way and can pick and choose my work and stay client direct on domestics.
Have a few other earners that pay my tax and ensure a steady income , decimated all my outgoings so the plastering is for holidays and stuff.
Its enjoyable then and i do ok , no stress and have 3 holidays coming up inc a month in Thailand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.