Back in the workshop

Members online

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
And Michael the fireplace restoration man has hung my roses in his showroom because he’s a bloody nice bloke!

Still enjoying my new hobby. Still got loads to do and f**k all knowledge! I want to learn how to make gesso frames. Anyone done this? Norm? @The Hobo

Thanks bud! I love playing about in there and the antiques village is a great place! There’s a bloke who does guilding, thought if I can make gesso frames I could buy mirrors and make a few bob!

Thanks bud! I love playing about in there and the antiques village is a great place! There’s a bloke who does guilding, thought if I can make gesso frames I could buy mirrors and make a few bob!
Used to do antiques, restoration and then made furniture long ago now. Good laugh and war.

A little tip Jess. If you make something nice................somebody will buy it. It could be totally useless. But if somebody likes it they will buy it.

Used to do antiques, restoration and then made furniture long ago now. Good laugh and war.

A little tip Jess. If you make something nice................somebody will buy it. It could be totally useless. But if somebody likes it they will buy it.
True. My dad made these from branches off the golf course and a magnet!

I do some for a boy up the road from us an antique dealer but only on the big frames do them with herculite or similar and gold leaf finish tried the small frames years ago but to fiddly a job /cant remember what we used a two part system rabbit hair and a kind of paste a bluey grey colour think it was sold on ebay

I do some for a boy up the road from us an antique dealer but only on the big frames do them with herculite or similar and gold leaf finish tried the small frames years ago but to fiddly a job /cant remember what we used a two part system rabbit hair and a kind of paste a bluey grey colour think it was sold on ebay
Tell her f**k all Norman, remember, knowledge is power.
Mind you she does have access to casting plaster, which probably trumps any knowledge you have.

Thanks love! I’m going to research this and have a play. Can I bug you with a few questions in the near future please?

818CEE90-448E-4E63-9E5D-6423A5FCCC13.jpeg
BF8236A4-5B87-408E-AE54-B5F11B38AEAD.jpeg
9E4F431C-00A9-418E-BC5F-7D6505097EE0.jpeg
far to slow brown vinamould hot melt is what u need/iwill tatlk u thru it if u want not now pissed again but when u want
That would be great thanks! I have no fibrous background. I’ve just really enjoyed trying to learn a bit and I love my workshop it’s a lovely place to be! If I can sell some stuff so it pays for itself then great! This is the Antiques Village where it’s
BF8236A4-5B87-408E-AE54-B5F11B38AEAD.jpeg
9E4F431C-00A9-418E-BC5F-7D6505097EE0.jpeg

View attachment 32401View attachment 32399View attachment 32400View attachment 32401
That would be great thanks! I have no fibrous background. I’ve just really enjoyed trying to learn a bit and I love my workshop it’s a lovely place to be! If I can sell some stuff so it pays for itself then great! This is the Antiques Village where it’s
View attachment 32399View attachment 32400View attachment 32401
That looks a bit smart and upmarket for a scruffy urchin like you.

That looks a bit smart and upmarket for a scruffy urchin like you.
It’s such a cool place! And yes I am by far the scruffiest person there!

But then I’m the scruffiest person anywhere, I can’t help it! Went out tonight. Actually used a hairdryer and makeup etc. Got to Chorlton. Walked down the road. The heavens burst open on me! By the time I got to the bar I looked like I’d been for a swim! Girl at the bar looked at me and said ‘oh no!!!!’ Rather than ‘what can I get you?’