Ay up from Wakefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

spread1970

Been a while since I've posted on here so I thought I'd say hello.

By the way,any one from the Leeds Wakefield areas?

Loads of work out there now it's picked up last year and especially this year. I can't take on all the work that keeps coming in domestic and site work. Once xmas is out of the way it would be worth thinking about going self employed again then mate

As soon as my firm start messing with my money I probably will have to take the hit and sort a van out etc.
What sort of rates you getting nowadays bud?

Rates at the minute on site vary locally (subbying for contractors) from £4.20 to 5.75. Board and skim so not good but I think it's the same over Yorkshire. Having to put some good graft in to make a decent wage so iv been doing a mix of site and my own work mate.

hey up guys I'm new in here, seeing as we're all Yorkshire lads i'll give you the heads up first, Marshalltown trowels depending on size are going for between 10 and 15 quid on the B&Q website, its an almighty f**k up so get em quick. Not permashape but you cant grumble at that price.

Yeah they have dipped to the minimum surely things will change soon with the "shortage of plasterers" you don't see many young lads on site coming into the game so things will be changing as the older lads retire making the shortage more of an issue.

Yes they have dropped to the minimum surely it's got to rise soon with the "shortage of plasterers" if it doesn't ill be walking away from it and just concentrate on domestic etc what I get in.

hey up guys I'm new in here, seeing as we're all Yorkshire lads i'll give you the heads up first, Marshalltown trowels depending on size are going for between 10 and 15 quid on the B&Q website, its an almighty f**k up so get em quick. Not permashape but you cant grumble at that price.

these marshalltown trowels are made in china for the diy market! they are not a quality item.

Yeah they have dipped to the minimum surely things will change soon with the "shortage of plasterers" you don't see many young lads on site coming into the game so things will be changing as the older lads retire making the shortage more of an issue.

I don't know I disagree being 21 myself I know loads of lads slightly older and a fair few my age as apprentices at 16 just in my area. I think more lads are jumping on site skimming onto fresh boards than the domestic market defiantly

there not a shortage of plasterers, there is a shortage of cheap plasterers for site work.

Status
Not open for further replies.