Autofeed Screwdriver

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris16

Was thinking of getting one of these and was wondering if any one had any recomendations

Currently using a Makita 18v drill and thought maybe one of these might make life abit easier

Cheers

chris said:
Was thinking of getting one of these and was wondering if any one had any recomendations

Currently using a Makita 18v drill and thought maybe one of these might make life abit easier

Cheers

I paid £330 for the makita 18v autofeed and attempted to use it on 2 occasions. Ended up selling it on ebay for £250.00. It jams up every 2nd screw, well, it did when i used it for ceilings. You spend most of the day prizing out screws and getting annoyed with it. Reverted back to the standard 18v cordeless and a hand full of screws.

Maybe other brands such as senco are the ones to go for, but the makita gave me jip.

Love my 18v lion autofeed (makita) throw a ceiling up in no time, I was always old school knocking clouts in with my trusty lath hammer till i tried one of these baby's , never looked back

must be a marmite thing with these things, personally i hate em, jam up all the time, maybe you just gotta get used to em but i use an old 9.6volt, light as a feather and 2 batteries keep you moving..

Ive got a makita...but mains supply.....sent 1 back as the bushes went..but had mine for 3 years now....no problem with jammin but i do use makita screws.....u have to keep them 90 degrees onto wall no angling them and one fluid movement no juddering , yeah i get a jam every now and again but normally cause im not keeping a even pressure when pushing it to feed. Have heard they jam when u use cheap collerated screws strips. But had a senco one ..ooww for a day...threw it as i found it didnt have enough power..it was really bad.

shapeshifter said:

Cheers

I paid £330 for the makita 18v autofeed and attempted to use it on 2 occasions. Ended up selling it on ebay for £250.00. It jams up every 2nd screw, well, it did when i used it for ceilings. You spend most of the day prizing out screws and getting annoyed with it. Reverted back to the standard 18v cordeless and a hand full of screws.

Maybe other brands such as senco are the ones to go for, but the makita gave me jip.
[/quote]

I went through two 18V Makita autofeeds in 3 months. One lasted one strip of screws before it jammed right up. Ended up ringing Makita and got my money back.
I bought what I was going to get initially, a Hilti SF 4000A and SMD 57 collated attachment. Its the dogs bolx.

hilti are the best to get and the screws are tops my mates firm used a million hilti fixings on the gherkin every fixer got one for free

depends wot ur using it for m8, we use sencos they are fine but we dont tack everyday ,if ur gonna use one all the time go for a hilti if not a senco,

never had any probs with makita autofeed,only time found the screws jammin was when i use makita screws,always use screw fix auto screws reel seems to be alot thicker than the makita ones,get yer sen one gaurantee you wont look back

Hi I have a senco its spot on as long as you use the senco screws some of the collated screws are crap and thats what causes the gun to jam most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.