Australian plastering rendering etc

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgt

Hi fellas, im due to go out to perth Australia soon and wondered if anyone has worked there,if so can anyone reccomend a render system that is worth getting trained in before i go out. Plastering out in perth is solid wall and iv done with that , (done years of it), do they have a k rend or similar system, if there are any courses to do here before i go i would appreciate any pointers, cheers . ps does anyone know how to link your replies to my email box, hotmail as it doesnt indicate any replies as does other forums

Alrite pal when u goin out there? I'm goin out in November already got a job lined up so looking forward to it

Alrite pal when u goin out there? I'm goin out in November already got a job lined up so looking forward to it
Hi pal, might be out after xmas, went out there in may to validate my visa, theres tons o work, good luck

i was there for 5 years and basically they do 2 types of render -solid and skim.

solid is a very highly skilled form of render put on in 1 thick coat and ruled/scraped back flat and straight and floated up,all arris s are formed no beads.

skim is pre bagged render either float finish or topped with accrylics.

Hello to all, just joined forum and noticed Australian thread. I live in Queensland and thought I might have a few bits of useful info for those moving over. We are the Australian agent for Weber and have been using monocouche for some time now. It is a very different product to use under our conditions and you are often scratching it up within an hour or so where I have seen in UK rubbing up next day.
As for interior skim coats such as multifinish, we sell two products which rate highly with the Brits that use it. You cannot use British Gypsum thistle here as it has only a short shelf life and is not guaranteed by BG. In Perth the interior plaster is mixed old fashioned way and no bagged products are used as they cannot compete on price. Anyway, if you move onto East coast and need any gear, you know where to find it.

Hi jm,
I am new to the forum, Living in Sydney and been doing a few restoration jobs and have tried a couple of different products for over skimming
ceilings and walls( hardwall mixed with lime- Spanish Placo).Is there any other products that i can get a hold of here that are similar to the BG
multi finishes that can be got in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.