Attaching skim beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryski

Hi All
Could you please answer my question:
What is the best way to attach skim beads to an already plastered wall, its not plasterboarded and i presume it will be going over another skim bead.
Hope you can help.
Many Thanks

or you can tack them in with clout nails......

I prefer to use bonding to stick mine on rather than finish....

Who cares if its straight and plumb twitcher. Its an overskim by the sound of it so the bead gets fixed to whatevers there. Regardless of how straight it is.

If the external angles are slightly out on a reskim, I like to knock the wall down, then rebuild it, then make sure beads are set mm perfect with 60mm knockin's & a bit of chain & padlock, then float & set it!

when the missus cooks tea you could get adjustable seats and laser them in at the same night

No,but if I'm overskimming there's no chance I'm levelling beads.they get dabbed/tacked to whatevers there. Plus a lot of the time you're restricted by skirting or coving.

I levelled some in a kitchen recently. Went back to tile it the other day. glad i did level it.

ok most of the time i don't, depends what it's for and who its for

aye no much u can do if theirs coving or skirtings on, but i must admit i do straighten bad beads, just with bonding, i find reskimming a squint wall a joke trying to straighten with finish aint great fun.

Dunno about you mate but if I priced in the extra time and mats to straighten walls I probably wouldn't get the jobs. If they want it bob on then they pay extra to knock it off and float/board it. If not, then it gets overskimmed with what's there.

i usualy give them a price per m2 to skim and another to straighten and skim, gota say its not much more on mats giving it a coat of bonding loaded with cement to set it off quick, helps alot on old wall like lime

lol you must be able to see pleen st high risers thats where i went after i split fae bird in partick, is the ferry still their lol

Casper can see most places from his bedroom window....in his caravan!! just depends where he is that week :RpS_biggrin:

lol you must be able to see pleen st high risers thats where i went after i split fae bird in partick, is the ferry still their lol

Aye mate i can see the flats and the ferry is still running. Its being run by a private firm noo. Its at least half the size of the old one.

Aye mate i can see the flats and the ferry is still running. Its being run by a private firm noo. Its at least half the size of the old one.
its smaller lol the last one wasny that big, used to get it and get lift fae other side, beddy its ryan lol, lucious are you in glasgow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.