Ashlar beads or Ashlar cuts ..??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beads are obviously user to use rather than hand cut ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1421869838.638249.jpg

Beads don't look to clever unless its done with mortar and then the whole lot painted. You won't get an exact colour I dont recon for monocouche.

Nothing beats hand cut. The ashlar saw refina sell amongst others is decent. I got the refina one from amaroc

Still on the hunt for a cutter like the one Paul rigby is using in the weber vids. Hard to find bit can be made

Sorry if this sounds daft but "beads" ? It's just that any ashlar ive ever done doesn't involve any beads,or am I missing something?

AAlso I have had a good look under different searches,ebay and a few other sites and can't find the cutter in the video, it may be worth sending him an email to find out:RpS_thumbup:

My mate at TMD rendering used a router on a long beam back in the 90s,its a rapid and very neat job.

I did contact him about it.

He got it from France or Spain can't remember bit he ain't got it anymore. He gave it to a well known tool co. Who sell render/plaster tools mainly to reproduce their own type years ago and they never did anything with it

Anyway the ashlar saw with a straight edge is quick and good enough.

Annoying tho 30 odd quid for the saw and after 1 job the first tooth had come loose. Pfff

I can see my tv a 3 seeter sofa a small ikea rug and 2 small dogs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.