Asbestos concern

Noddy12

Hi,
We ve bought a 1940 semi.
Steamed wallpaper of lounge and during removing architraves and taking off radiators exposed mortar. Walls seem very solid - Room since been replastered.
My wife is 6 months pregnant and am worried about asbestos exposure. Didn’t have anything tested. Was asbestos EVER used in mortar or plaster in the UK. I’m really worried and stressed.
TIA

I found it once in fireplace plaster mouldings. Never knowingly found in house plaster.
Just get a asbestos survey done. Seems it's getting more popular to have a survey done with house sales.
Bet you got asbestos somewhere in the house so find out where and leave it alone. Most houses have asbestos somewhere if built before the 70s although I've got rid of mine.
Drives people mental with worry when you have to be sensible. Mention to your neighbours your worries and they will start coughing.

@ChrispyUK I see you've disagreed with wayners, which part exactly were you disagreeing with and what would be your course of action?
I've done a thorough search of the CHD archives and can't find any relevant information.

I found it once in fireplace plaster mouldings. Never knowingly found in house plaster.
Just get a asbestos survey done. Seems it's getting more popular to have a survey done with house sales.
Bet you got asbestos somewhere in the house so find out where and leave it alone. Most houses have asbestos somewhere if built before the 70s although I've got rid of mine.
Drives people mental with worry when you have to be sensible. Mention to your neighbours your worries and they will start coughing.

@ChrispyUK I see you've disagreed with wayners, which part exactly were you disagreeing with and what would be your course of action?
I've done a thorough search of the CHD archives and can't find any relevant information.
Well, not a total disagreement as such, but I’ve never heard of asbestos in wall paper or plaster apart from artex obviously, so I wouldn’t be concerned. If people want to get testing done, then that’s their prerogative I suppose. There are a few other areas where you might find it (old floor tiles) and then sheet in boiler rooms/soffits, old pipe lagging, oh and thrown into the foundations of dodgy fishing lodges…in Essex!

I find it a lot, in old fireplaces, found some today,30s one, reduced size from the original 1840 which I recon had been a range, a big f**k*r it had been!. Just under the actual fire area it was !
Just get it bagged and that's that . What the f**k are you supposed to do there, call the Asbestos police ????

Wallpapers used to have asbestos in. They say anything after 1980s will be fine but prior to that who knows.
I must of striped wallpaper with asbestos in at some point because of the amount I striped off over the years.
Not something you see mentioned or tested.

Well, not a total disagreement as such, but I’ve never heard of asbestos in wall paper or plaster apart from artex obviously, so I wouldn’t be concerned. If people want to get testing done, then that’s their prerogative I suppose. There are a few other areas where you might find it (old floor tiles) and then sheet in boiler rooms/soffits, old pipe lagging, oh and thrown into the foundations of dodgy fishing lodges…in Essex!
Funny you should say that