Asbestiosis

Complete

Had a distant relative doe from it recently after surmfferig for a few years.

Any of you lads worried about it?

I've done my fair share of ripping down ceilings and unknowingly disturbing asbestos without a mask.

Any of you older lads had any issues?

I've done my fair share of ripping down ceilings and unknowingly disturbing asbestos without a mask.

We all die of something eventually you can't change it now so try not to worry about something you might not need to worry about

I grew up very close to Bradwell powerstation and knew plenty of blokes who worked there and who were involved in it's building, asbestosis is not uncommon amongst them.
My parents neighbour was a chippy, he also died of asbestosis, probably from cutting soffit boards.
We used to cover the cavities at doorways with the asbestos undercloaking when screeding. I just used to snap it to length.

I have mixed and done loads of Artex ceilings when it first came out.
Could get some bad payback for all those ceilings with fans and patterns around the ceiling rose.
Without the bark affect on the walls, s**t I am going to hell for all my textured Artex crimes.

I have mixed and done loads of Artex ceilings when it first came out.
Could get some bad payback for all those ceilings with fans and patterns around the ceiling rose.
Without the bark affect on the walls, s**t I am going to hell for all my textured Artex crimes.
Same

More scaremongering /hysteria...
White as asbestos aka chrysotile does not cause asbestosis or cancer
It does not attach itself to lungs merely expelled/ dissolved .

a plumber i know started coughing , taken to hospital, told by doctor to put his affairs in order, dead 2 weeks later
like everybody here ,also done my share of pulling ceilings down etc etc, but no more complete,
last ceiling i pulled down was 10 years ago, nowadays i want everything ready
as regards any issues, will let you know in 2 weeks time

complete, noticed you have put one of those laughing things next to my reply about your comment ,
nothing at all to smile or laugh about, regarding what i said, plumber died, asbestosis very serious ,

This made me chuckle, you wasn't trying to be funny?
not being funny at all compltete, both lungs got cracking/crazing/5 nights in hospital/pneumonia on face/mri scan/x ray in 2 weeks, very confused in hospital at one stage 2 doctors came from a/e , temp, fallen causing hallucinations etc, discharged myself, been out 2 weeks now i think, some nights no sleep at all none what so ever, breathless, fearing the worst, hope this helps to clear things up

not being funny at all compltete, both lungs got cracking/crazing/5 nights in hospital/pneumonia on face/mri scan/x ray in 2 weeks, very confused in hospital at one stage 2 doctors came from a/e , temp, fallen causing hallucinations etc, discharged myself, been out 2 weeks now i think, some nights no sleep at all none what so ever, breathless, fearing the worst, hope this helps to clear things up
Sorry to hear that mate but how was I supposed to know

Sorry to hear that mate, really am.
In Completes defense I thought you were having a black joke. Didn't for a moment think you were serious.

I hope things pan out OK for you, hector (y)

i knew 6 plumbers who have died from asbestosis, and the strange thing is they were all aged 57 / 62 years old,
since learned this stuff can lie dormant for years then just start,
one plumber told me back in 1963 they were taking asbestos off pipes in a boiler room of a hotel, they were breathing it in, face/hair/hands all white,
then sitting down to have there baits,
no gloves masks, and nobody was aware of asbestos then

i knew 6 plumbers who have died from asbestosis, and the strange thing is they were all aged 57 / 62 years old,
since learned this stuff can lie dormant for years then just start,
one plumber told me back in 1963 they were taking asbestos off pipes in a boiler room of a hotel, they were breathing it in, face/hair/hands all white,
then sitting down to have there baits,
no gloves masks, and nobody was aware of asbestos then
Old boss of mine has a death wish due to lagging endless pipes with the stuff
He moved to South Africa and I often wonder how he is