artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigpalmer18

how many of you guys get asked to do new work in artex, or 'blending' in. just been asked to do two ceilings in a house first time in a couple of years for me.

Not often mate to be honest ,9/10 they want rid of it.
I find it hard to blend in and not see the joint so dont offer it on insurance work and try to get customer to remove it.

Done an insurance job this week re- tack ceiling and artex , first time in about 10 years .

looks like its coming back in then, thats a good thing as in 10 years time they will be phoning you up to overskim it again. repeat customers!

Dont need to know anything cheers diggler was just curious as to how much work you guys were doing with artex, heard a rumour redrow still use it on new build cant be true though can it?

I still do quite a bit quite regular.
Only on insurance work though as it's usually like for like but most the time customer wants rid.
I did 2 lounge ceilings last week 1 was broken leather & 1 was a swirl.
They both had a dining room off the lounge so pattern had to match other room.
Otherwise they would have had it left it flat.
Patching artex isn't the best job but I'm quite good at blending in when I have to.
Swirl, broken leather & comb Patterns I can patch in quite well. But stipple is a bar stard.
I could tell you in detail how to blend in without it being noticeable but I can't be arsed,
maybe another day ;D

Oh & the builder I subbie to I found out he charges to apply & pattern a 16m2 ceiling - £205. :eek:
It only took me an hr to apply & pattern it. Not including sealer & sheeting up etc.
But he charges more for artex than skimming.
Which is about £8 m2 to the insurance he charges ;)

carlos said:
artex is wank.

I agree it is crap, & I hate doing it & it fec kin stinks like wet smelly dogs ;D
But it pays the bills.... the bar bills ;D

Mind you it's a piece of p155 & once it's on it's done!

I used to love doing Artexing, so much easier on the body than plastering and when doing a comb pattern you still got a sense of satisfaction. You can bet it or something like it will come back into fashion as all fashions just keep going round and round.

Status
Not open for further replies.