Artex (with asbestos) from concrete ceiling - removal

Fran2021

Hi there, I'm living the Artex nightmare. I've had some Artex (with asbestos) removed from some ceilings in my flat. The ceiling are concrete. But a lot of white residue has been left on. I've attached images, before and after. The company said that they couldn't scrape it off completely and not to worry because the white stuff left over is not Artex. I am not expert but I'm inclined to think it's residue of Artex. Could it be old plaster/paint/glue applied to the ceiling before the Artex went on and therefore safe?
I'll eventually plaster over it but I wanted to try and bring the concrete out first to leave it as a feature but it would involve sanding the white stuff off. Many thanks

Attachments

• After removal 2.JPG
    After removal 2.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 203
  • After removal.JPG
    After removal.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 242
  • Textured ceiling.JPG
    Textured ceiling.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 184
  • After removal 3.jpg
    After removal 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 209
Hi there, I'm living the Artex nightmare. I've had some Artex (with asbestos) removed from some ceilings in my flat. The ceiling are concrete. But a lot of white residue has been left on. I've attached images, before and after. The company said that they couldn't scrape it off completely and not to worry because the white stuff left over is not Artex. I am not expert but I'm inclined to think it's residue of Artex. Could it be old plaster/paint/glue applied to the ceiling before the Artex went on and therefore safe?
I'll eventually plaster over it but I wanted to try and bring the concrete out first to leave it as a feature but it would involve sanding the white stuff off. Many thanks
You've paid someone to do that? Why didn't you just get a plasterer to plaster over it?

So they scraped it off although they knew it contained asbestos? Doesn't make much sense to me. Who did that?
Sorry to say but the white stuff will still be artex.

Hi mate we use to do hundreds of these years ago for our local council after the asbestos was removed the asbestos firm had to batten the ceiling out (due to drilling into it) then we use to tack and skim

I'm assuming you checked that the 'asbestos removal company' you employed are properly licensed to handle asbestos, and to dispose of it responsibly?

Did they seal the artexed rooms thoroughly, to prevent contamination of the rest of the flat?

Did they use asbestos-rated industrial dust extractors to clean your rooms thoroughly of any residual dust/fibres?

I'm assuming you checked that the 'asbestos removal company' you employed are properly licensed to handle asbestos, and to dispose of it responsibly?

Did they seal the artexed rooms thoroughly, to prevent contamination of the rest of the flat?

Did they use asbestos-rated industrial dust extractors to clean your rooms thoroughly of any residual dust/fibres?
Of course they did. Dave and his mate from number 24 did it (y) Ffs What do you take them for.

This is classed as non licenced work and the company is trained to do the job, they sealed the room and used extractors

So they scraped it off although they knew it contained asbestos? Doesn't make much sense to me. Who did that?
Sorry to say but the white stuff will still be artex.
It is possible, there are plenty of companies who do that.

Hi mate we use to do hundreds of these years ago for our local council after the asbestos was removed the asbestos firm had to batten the ceiling out (due to drilling into it) then we use to tack and skim
Our ceiling is very low (2.30m) and concrete so battening is not really an option. I was aware some of the artex could be so embedded in the concrete that it's impossible to scrape but i was shocked to see so much of it was left.