artex problem

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkey

I want to skim my wall wich is artexed but the artex is pealing off and leaving a white powdery surface wich comes off when touched, what can I do to get around this problem before skimming over it so that the plaster sticks to the wall. :-(

Overboard or better still get back to getting in people's way with your wires and snips! Lol

Hack off and dab even artex/ceilings...

Scrape it as best as you can then use a stiff brush and water to get rid of the dusty bits and either blue grit or PVA and allow to dry before doing any skimming

Strip it back totally, or when you pva it will and skim it will fall off anyway, or put a new board/ surface on it.

You need to check other threads which talk about of artex rather than posting new thread - sick of artex stuff! I always overboard and use 3 nail method to locate the joists. :(
@ryanswart, what's the three snail method ... :RpS_confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am not as "search" option is available and newbies need to search it first as plenty of artex situation in older threads instead of posting brand new thread which keep repeating the same stuff....
what difference does it make to you?

I want to skim my wall wich is artexed but the artex is pealing off and leaving a white powdery surface wich comes off when touched, what can I do to get around this problem before skimming over it so that the plaster sticks to the wall. :-(

First off I'd get the artex tested for asbestos, cost you around twenty quid but worth it for peace of mind. If it comes back negative just strip all the artex back until you get a solid surface then give it a good brush with a stiff brush till you get all loose stuff off the wall. Few coats of pva then crack on with the skimming. Over boarding would be best but it's hard to do on a wall as you have to replace skirting and facings as we'll.

Yep if artex are on walls then worth it send samples. If on ceiling then overboard where possible - hey wasting my time on this stupid thread
you chooses to wast your own time on this!!!!!!!!!!! dont post no time wasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loosen up, @ryanswart :RpS_wink: maybe he has searched but cannot find. which of us is beyond reproach when posting inane threads and posts ....certainly not me. simple threads like this can be quite informative when extraploated to the n'th degree :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Am not as "search" option is available and newbies need to search it first as plenty of artex situation in older threads instead of posting brand new thread which keep repeating the same stuff....
You need to empty your balls Ryan you seem all pent up!?? Aggressive even !??? :-0

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.