artex over dri coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPS

Private Member
nar then lads, been to look at a little job today and without getting into talking about damp PLEASE!!! could someone give me a little advice. What it is, this bloke has bought an house to rent out and he as found 2 patches where there has been damp so hes asked me to knock it off and dri coat it then patch the artex (eveyr wall in the house is artexed) so im just wondering if after the dri coat has dried can the artex mix go straight over it? was thinking of doing it with multi instead but not sure
Its only about 2m long by 800 high

Ive patched artex with skim before but not over dri coat suppose ill have to give it loads of pva to try and stop it from drying straight away

ive only used skim over dri coat mate sorry but i did put bonding agent over it cos the top half was shiney paint and i wanted to even out the suction a bit worked a treat, what patten you got to put on the walls

lol what patten lol that leather shite on one wall, wavey fan on another and that shite swirl one on another. Ive told the bloke it wont be a perfect match and hes ok with it because its only a rental, its just that ive never put artex over roughing before its always been over board or over an old wall where the artex has fell off. Think ill just rough it up with the dri coat then use multi to patten it

haha good luck pal rather you than me ive had to reskim a house before that was artex everywhere and the ceilins were painted purple with green walls and baby blue walls with red ceilins proper weird decoration haha every room was like it

:RpS_lol: was it a p**i? skimmed over miles of it and only patched a few m2, but like i said i have never put it on over roughing, if it goes tits up ill flatten it then put the patten on the next day

just a wild guess mate lol

tex pva no good? and if i use artex sealer the next day will it stop the roughing drying out the artex?

Mix the artex thick at first and caulk over the entire patch,this will soon set,then thin the mix down to a texture consistency and go for it. Use a damp sponge to feather the edges in ,voila,jobs a goodun.

The thin coat of caulking will firstly smooth the backing coat and secondly control suction for when texturing.

how long after slapping a thin coat of artex over the dry coat will i have to wait before i can put the texturing coat on

Pretty soon mate , just let it stiffen up (probably 10 mins depending on conditions) and apply the texture material liberaly with a flat brush in managable areas texture, apply,texture etc,just keep a wet edge buddy.

brush i was gonna use the trowel

heres a photo of one patch ive to do over board (im hoping that i can go over the swirly border, if not itll stay) the leather look will be over dri coat then theres a swirl patten of dri coat too,no photo

for suck sake the files are too big gggrrrr

brush i was gonna use the trowel

heres a photo of one patch ive to do over board (im hoping that i can go over the swirly border, if not itll stay) the leather look will be over dri coat then theres a swirl patten of dri coat too,no photo

for suck sake the files are too big gggrrrr

You got photobucket account NPS?
Just put your pics on there then copy & paste the code on here mate :RpS_wink:

ill have to make one, i use to have one but i cant remember the detail:RpS_confused:

rung the bloke with the price 2 bags of dri coat £19 each, artext comb £10, stiple £11 and a bag of artex £13 me £160, thinks his arse fell out he said ill get back to ya after the hols :glare:

2012-05-30111626.jpg

2012-05-30112401.jpg

Last edited:
cheers MATE :RpS_biggrin:
dont think he'll be back to be fair not arsed if he int

uh um!

couple of the lads are on about going back to benidorm on the 25th april

Status
Not open for further replies.