Artex is Coming back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dropped into a friends house last week and she had had an artexer in recently and she wanted to show off her wall... yes an artexed wall... :-\

20150917_144953.jpg
20150917_145002.jpg
20150917_150343.jpg

All I was thinking was that is going to be a bitch to skim over when she is bored with it...

I had someone recently wanting a ceiling artexing.maybe coming back around. As said above I think it's gross.

well tht look absolutely s**te she could of done that her self. tbh I bet I get a job a week to look at that's to skim over artex can't see it coming back myself

i hate artex. its all ive done this week. going over the shite. a break tomorrow then another two on friday and a tiny one on saturday.

Used to put it on with a broom cross hatch then pattern it with a plastic bag on a trowel "broken leather" fckin horrible.
Used for same reason as woodchip yrs ago quick way of covering over shoite with more shoite.

when artex is done rhight it looks good I use to know an Italian that use to do artex he was s**t odds on it but u get some plasterers and builders have tried and it looks terbile I think that what killed it off

I had some woman phone up a couple of months ago asking "can you come price some artex ceilings up"?.
"Not at the minute luv my Deloreans at the workshop".
Long Pause followed by "I don't understand why do you have to come in a Delorean?".
"Cause if you want artex im assuming you live in 1986".
Then I think her battery died as we got cut off.

Hope it does! Then I can go and overboard all the overboarding I have done and artex, cos I couldn't possibly artex a smooth painted ceiling for some reason or other lol
Besides it's an easier job than skimming.

I know loads that do that.. I use dry wall adhesive :D
I prefer mash or porridge you ever tried getting either out of a pan after few hrs ?? Infact the death penalty should be brought back for fukwits that dont directly wash off the masher.

Last Artex job I did was a couple of years back.
Newly refurbished bungalow, all skimmed throughout. Good job too. Had to stipple all the ceilings. Nearly cried! [emoji33]

Status
Not open for further replies.