arrgghhh K REND! Advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteplasterer

Just done a K REND job and the b***ard dried out too quick over night so now it looks like s**t. Dont know what to do - can I go over it again? Is it possible to Tyrolean over the top? Dont know if I should just take it all off and start again. Such a ball ache, cant believe it gutted! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Its dried 'rough' , the color is fine but its all marked and not smooth/even - went back after leaving it over night to finish it. Ive heard such great things about it and was pretty dissapointed - guess it was the heat over night?

you only need to leave mono over night this time of year if there is a primer under it ie k rends r7 or parex micro gobetis etc. otherwise its same day scrapes. theres bugger all you can do with bar paint it or put an acrylic stabalizing paint over it. leason learnt.
k rend isnt a bad product its just knowing how to use it correctly.

Lol I've had the same problem a couple of years ago nightmare stick with weber or pare x same day scrape is best in this weather leaving it over night is madness hope u sort it

it is possible to over-coat k rend scraped textured product with another thin layer of render, best way to do this is to use R7 acrylic - mixed 1:4 with water and whilst it is wet and tacky render directly onto this at a thickness of 8mm - then scrape back to 6mm. however this will only be possible if your design details etc allows for an extra thin layer of render.

this time of year when the weather is very good most plasterers apply first thing in the morning then scrape late afternoon. otherwise this problem can occur with any render regardless of manufacturer.

Didn't you research the product before applying it? These modern gears are expensive as you know. It should be all on the wall by 10am, 11 at the latest. Mono is an art to get mint if your finicky about your work. If you come through this and get s**t hot at it, you'll look back at this first attempt and shudder. You were always going to fail no matter how competent a spread you are not knowing the fundamentals of it. You could go over it with a thin coat acrylic render but that's more knowledge and expense.

Alexander what does the r7 primer do he's already going over a background with a key and little suction
Pete its cold this way I would've done a next day scrape with k rend, did you one or two coat?

Im guessing the R7 primer is just an SBR mixed 4:1. I had a problem with Krend and the tech guy said sbr it apply 8mm and re rub. I learned my lesson i dont use the stuff anymore weber all the way and never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.