argh totally confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrSpoon85

i went up to have a look at someones house today, living room needs dubbing out all round the skirting line so a skirting board can be fitted, few holes here and there need filling and the whole lot skimmed oh the fireplace has some odd round edges but about 2/3 of the way up they go to a straight edge/external corner , no idea how to skim that :S?!

as for the kitchen... it used to be tiled and theyve been ripped off taking some wall with it, their father then patched it (rather shoddily) with some kind of filler, i suggested just flattening it off and giving it a fresh skim, but theres one wall that cant really haver anything else added to it, the wishwasher door opens and screpes its edge on the wall! totally baffled as to how im gonna sort this wall out, only thing i can thing of is either taking it back to the brick and building it out again and skim over so theres room for the door to open and kinda feather that walls into the bottom edge of the window ( particular wall area is between kitchen work sufaces and below window.
or... buying an orbital sander and sanding away, tho i cant seem fo find any sanding discs finer than 240 grit, which is too rough really i think? considering it needs to be painted afterwards :-/

any idea anyone?

Sometimes you need to start all over again mate or you can end up compromising yourself and the quality of the work you do.

i agree hack it back you dont want to start sanding its very messy and you will regret it as will the customer, as for the fire place just fire on the finish you will soon know how to do it , it will be easier than you think time and patience will see you right

ta very much, ill take it back and make good i reckon :) as for the rest of the walls in the living room, i think i'll be ok to be honest, not done any plastering for a while tho

Status
Not open for further replies.