Arches

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris16

Has anyone had much experiance with arches?

Just had a potention customer ask me to take an old door frame out and put an arch in

Was thinking of putting some wood frame triangles in the corners and then plaster boarding over, has anyone tried this and does it work

I thought it might make the old door opening a bit small

Chris

dads made a few arches normaly uses arch formers from wickes, you make them to fit then (screw i think) them in place and use a backing coat (bonding) to build them out then plaster them in.

i do alot of plastering over arches that are there using arch beads, that i think arnt brilliant but i guess the only option. oh well :mad: lol

good luck.

aj

cheers

I'll have a look in wickes and B&Q to see what they have on offer

Do the arch formers work for standard door ways, when l was looking at it it looked like the arch would take up to much space and make the top of the door way really small

:'(

i forgot to mention the arch formers make either small full arch or just the corners for a big long arch if you get me? as in round corner straight and corner again.

i guess they would make a full arch in a door way but i cant say 100%.

measure the gap and see what they say on the box :cool:

if its in a door way your doing it, as in standard door way height i would agree with you, it will make it smaller so hope there not tall lol.

aj.

Status
Not open for further replies.