Aqua panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasdad

I'm fitting a smaller door in my porch and making up the 8 inches either side in studwork. Instead of using eml or riblath I'm thinking of using something like aqua panel on the outside. Screwing to timber and hammer fix over existing render. That way I've only one backing to render on. Plan is aqua Panel and maybe rend aid bed some mesh in then top with ocr. I'm a bid old school but I'm fed up with cracks using riblath.
What people think. does rendaid stick to cement boards

Do you bed the mesh in that. Do you key it with a scratcher. I'm not sure who will sell that around here

I'm fitting a smaller door in my porch and making up the 8 inches either side in studwork. Instead of using eml or riblath I'm thinking of using something like aqua panel on the outside. Screwing to timber and hammer fix over existing render. That way I've only one backing to render on. Plan is aqua Panel and maybe rend aid bed some mesh in then top with ocr. I'm a bid old school but I'm fed up with cracks using riblath.
What people think. does rendaid stick to cement boards

Hello mate

I am the Knauf Aquapanel contact, and we are sponsors on The Plasterers Forum....

You can do as you say for a repair / refurbishment.

As Mike has said above, it would be better to use a modern thin coat base coat, such as Weber LAC, rather than rendaid. Make sure you tape up the joint between existing and the boarded element as well....

Details about the product is found below in my signature, or you can contact me on the details below

All the best

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

Just seen that if you are using a phone, my signature is not shown, but the details are in my profile, click my forum name and click through to my profile

Cheers

Richard

Hi thanks for that. My intention is to fix the aquapanel over the existing render and timber so to avoid a vertical crack. It's only about 2 feet wide either side of the door,to each corner of the porch. So I take it I apply this weber lac with a trowel embed the mesh then scratch for a top coat. I was going to finish it with ocr but. I don't want to use a thin coat system because 1 I've not used it and 2 I need to render the rest of the house and it will cost to much so I'm using sand and cement for that

Does anyone know where I can buy a single sheet of external aquapanel. In essex. Penlaws do a cement board but it's only for a thin coat system apparently

Does anyone know where I can buy a single sheet of external aquapanel. In essex. Penlaws do a cement board but it's only for a thin coat system apparently

penlaws sell knauf external aquapanel, we use it for thin coat systems and as a base for tiles in bathrooms.

Penlaws should have some......

Try Encon, CCF, SIG or a local Travis Perkins (they can draw from a nearby CCF if not a Knauf stockist)

Or call Knauf on 01795424499 to find other local outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.