Apprenticeship help....

I don’t think kids are given enough options these days.

Schools massively drive you towards university but this doesn’t suit everyone and most end up wasting time and money on a degree in a field they’ll probably never work in

because most of the time people get jobs through people they know or just ‘fall’ into a career.

my school only ever talked about Oxford or Cambridge. They didn’t entertain you could get grades below a B or that you might not even be interested or best placed in higher education.

talk about herding sheep

I told careers advice person I wanted to be a grease monkey. She said I should do engineering. I went to college for it and within 2 hours I walked out and went to the fair down the road and my life went downhill from there till I was about 28!!!
Waltzers?

School curriculums need ripping up and renewing.
The lessons as a whole are no longer relevant for the computer age.
facts and figures can be taught much easier by going online.
We are all still schooled to look after an empire that no longer exists.
marching pink floyd GIF

I wanted to be a bricklayer at 15 I was labouring for brickies building new houses on an estate where I lived so went i was 17 I went to a college took a maths and English test for a brick laying apprenticeship got called back the week after to be told you passed the tests but we don't do bricklayers apprenticeships anymore on account of the college struggling to get work placements,I said so I've took some tests for sod all then he said the nearest wet trade apprenticeship we have is for plastering I said I aint got a clue what that is but put my name down anyway me dad is doing my swede in

I wanted to be a bricklayer at 15 I was labouring for brickies building new houses on an estate where I lived so went i was 17 I went to a college took a maths and English test for a brick laying apprenticeship got called back the week after to be told you passed the tests but we don't do bricklayers apprenticeships anymore on account of the college struggling to get work placements,I said so I've took some tests for sod all then he said the nearest wet trade apprenticeship we have is for plastering I said I aint got a clue what that is but put my name down anyway me dad is doing my swede in
I would have jacked it after a few months but my dad was like well it's an apprenticeship and if you still don't like it once your finished you'll have trade. He was right in the end, his generation put a lot of store in getting a trade.

I would have jacked it after a few months but my dad was like well it's an apprenticeship and if you still don't like it once your finished you'll have trade. He was right in the end, his generation put a lot of store in getting a trade.
I dont think my dad gave a monkeys what I was doing as long as I was working,when I left school I went straight to work in a foundry making moulds for car engine parts he seemed happy for me to only find out by my mum he doesn't have to pay csa for you now that's why he was loving it the w**k*r :LOL:

I dont think my dad gave a monkeys what I was doing as long as I was working,when I left school I went straight to work in a foundry making moulds for car engine parts he seemed happy for me to only find out by my mum he doesn't have to pay csa for you now that's why he was loving it the w**k*r :LOL:
Dad's were more dad back then. As a dad myself, I talk shite too.

Having ignored my schooling from the outset (they actually forgot to send me to school, late starter never caught up), come leaving exams he told me I had to pass or I would end up being a bin man !
Silly fckr that I am I stayed on at school an extra year to retake the exams...