apprentice jack in today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplybesty

Private Member
my apprentice just jacked in today, said he didn't get paid enough. what do you lads think. He is 19, cant drive so i have to have him picked up and dropped back . he has just qualified so thinks he should be on top money. all he can really do is skim, he can spray and run the machine but anyone can do that. Told me by text that he wants 300 take home. He is on 300 before take. don't forget he is on the books so he gets 4 weeks hols and all that.

thats very resonable i would say dont know whats wrong with em these days when i was young i was just happy to be in work an learn a decent trade

That seems good money to me for his age , i think if he drives and can be left to skim without problems he might deserve a bit more .

and has he got loads of work lined up for himself?

give him a month he'll be ringing you up beggin for his job back, there is not much about at the minute

If he can pass his test and get from a to b then 300 take home would be a kings ransom at 19!! yeah he could go off and earn 500 a week domestic one or two weeks a month but it aint regular and anyhow who else would employ him or how would he get himself about with no wheels?

why has he jacked so close to Christmas.surely someone else has given him a job.why dont you agree to meet him halfway but he has to work a bit more for it and get him to learn to drive so it works out in your favour to

has he really jacked or are you takin the pi55, why the f**k would any1 jack a job in at the minute, with no wheels 2.

have u been abusing him. lol

is this the fella who forgot his ppe for his nvq photos? fcuk him, silly c**t!

yes he has, had the text at 7 this morning, we were going up to bedford to do some mono so it really f**k*d me up, he aint got another job. I took his trowel and boots over to his mothers and he wouldnt come to the door. only last i was telling him we were looking to get him upto speed so he could run the machine and a team.

Pug said:
is this the fella who forgot his ppe for his nvq photos? fcuk him, silly c**t!

Yes mate the one in the pics. on that job i had to drive 15miles the wrong to pick him up and then at night drive past my house by 15mile to drop him off, never again.

simplybesty said:
yes he has, had the text at 7 this morning, we were going up to bedford to do some mono so it really (french word)ed me up, he aint got another job. I took his trowel and boots over to his mothers and he wouldnt come to the door. only last i was telling him we were looking to get him upto speed so he could run the machine and a team.
give me a job

sounds like he is driven by the money which is not a good thing, i got into plastering to learn a trade and i actually use to enjoy it, even mixing/barrowing screed back in nov 04.

there plenty of spreads/labourers out there mate you could get for £300 p/week, just finding a good 1 thats the problem

i owe him a weeks money because of the week in hand but because he never gave me a weeks notice he can kiss that goodbye ;D ;D

He'll be crying this time next week. To get my foot in the door with mono I offered my services for £200 a week at 32!!!! Have worked with guys who after two months reckon they should be on 400 a week when they haven paid their dues at all jumped up motherfuckers

simplybesty said:
my apprentice just jacked in today, said he didn't get paid enough. what do you lads think. He is 19, cant drive so i have to have him picked up and dropped back . he has just qualified so thinks he should be on top money. all he can really do is skim, he can spray and run the machine but anyone can do that. Told me by text that he wants 300 take home. He is on 300 before take. don't forget he is on the books so he gets 4 weeks hols and all that.

Told you ages ago you were paying him too much and also told you he would get greedy once he thought he knew what he was doing tell him to get to f**k when friday comes and hes lookin for his money and job back, then after next week when you take him back pay him 30 pounds less and get him driving lessons but he will s**t on you again in the future its the nature of the beast your paying and training someone to compete against you.

Sorry Simply but I've got the t-shirt on this one, train them up from nothing and then they stab you in the back. In the past I've really looked after my labs but those days are behind me, now I'll just use them for what they are and not bother teaching them anything other than the basics of labouring and pay as little as possible. Even if he offered to come back on a reduced amount I'd tell him to f**k off.

he wont be coming back, i will replace hin within a month , I gave his younger brother some labouring work last month, i might give him a job. that a rub the salt in.

yes he has, had the text at 7 this morning, we were going up to bedford to do some mono so it really (french word)ed me up, he ain't got another job. I took his trowel and boots over to his mothers and he wouldn't come to the door. only last i was telling him we were looking to get him up to speed so he could run the machine and a team.

i take it back don't meet him halfway.he has mugged you and himself.silly boy.

thats good money ...... especially in this climate. what a stupid cont, they never see the bigger picture.

I know grown men who work in warehouses who earn the same money.

tosser

Bit of a spineless way of jacking that.... by text. Maybe if he'd come and spoke to you about it in the proper way he might of got some respect for it and possibly.... possibly got some where, £300 notes at that age is not bad at all. I wish I was earning that at 19......

you might find him and his brother have started up to-gether, does the brother drive ? I wouldn't pick any of them up, I'd meet them if it's on my way, if there not there i'll leave without them they soon get the message,I'm not their taxi driver

his brother is only 16 mate, If he had said to me i cant work for that money so i will have to look for another job then i would hav told him he cant carry on working until he finds a job. that would have helped me and him. I have been telling him for a year that until he learns to drive then there aint anyway i or anyone else can pay him top money because he is only any good if he is dropped off, with tools and materails and then picked up, like i said to him, if i have to drop him off at a job then im late getting to work and early leaving. I think he has been dragged back into his chav mates world of doing jack all and smoking green all day.

simps...plenty more out there...let him go into the real world.at his age he should be thinking hes lucky to learn off a decent spread to further his trade......he's thinking very short term......he aint gonna get anymore anywhere else ...(french word) him...

Status
Not open for further replies.