Anyone worked for r and b from bury st edmunds

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes think i did a bit for them , is there a contract manager name of Dave Page ?

i couldnt earn any decent money at the rates at the time , they were hotel rooms , skim stop shadow gaps every where all for 3.5 m2 , no openings , they would of taken out the sparky boxes from the measure if they could .

my brother rob worked for r and b for a few years when they first started up. brian and his wife rose. he was a building surveyor on haymills. he said the rates where ok but after a while they where joined with some more chaps from oconnells when they went broke. the firm is top heavy and rates fell so he left. then it was all easterns labour. they have phoned up recently but he is not interested.

my brother rob worked for r and b for a few years when they first started up. brian and his wife rose. he was a building surveyor on haymills. he said the rates where ok but after a while they where joined with some more chaps from oconnells when they went broke. the firm is top heavy and rates fell so he left. then it was all easterns labour. they have phoned up recently but he is not interested.

oconnells theres a blast from the past

when our family all use to work together, we would sub jobs off archie oconnell as he took on large contracts with large metre age available.

do you know the guy that owns spreaders at gipping ?

i do not know who owns spreaders, i have been in there a few times to purchase small amounts ss rib lath and beads but i can find better prices.

yes his not cheap , he was a contractor about 20 years ago (cant remember his name ) he phoned me and offered me a job said he was going places , i turned him down , he then insulted me , said good luck being small time lol .

done anything on the nursing home near the junction at acorn village ? i know the spreads doing inside stuff , and the sparks , chippys also , they need a hand inside ive heard

looks almost finished. my son knows one of the chippys who put the roof on, curly, loggy is doing the wall tiles, i thought the turner family got the plastering.

looks almost finished. my son knows one of the chippys who put the roof on, curly, loggy is doing the wall tiles, i thought the turner family got the plastering.

small world , good chippys old man curl is the real deal dont get much better roofing wise , the skeels brothers are doing the plastering , i heard of the turners frinton on sea way i think

I worked for them a couple of years ago. Dealt with a supervisor called Paul most of the time. I earnt ok and I thought they was a pretty fair firm to work for.

when we started with them we had to do a couple of little job to see if we were any good , (dummow post office place ) was one , then we started there site in thorpe le soken , week in hand ,rentention stopped and ctib stopped and then payment .

when we started with them we had to do a couple of little job to see if we were any good , (dummow post office place ) was one , then we started there site in thorpe le soken , week in hand ,rentention stopped and ctib stopped and then payment .
this is actually illegal to stop from subbies, only contractors are liable for CITB payments not subbies

Thanks for that , i never knew that , tbh just went along with , i never even bothered getting the retention back , it was a one off at the time , all i learned that was site work was no fun anymore and i was not fast enough for it , thanks tho

JMC tried to stop me citb until i printed that page and showed it to them telling them i'm not paying it lol

JMC tried to stop me citb until i printed that page and showed it to them telling them i'm not paying it lol

Knowing jmc, though Kev, they probably just took 50mtrs off your measure every invoice to compensate.

Both mate tiny bungalow with another gang in and floating shitty old brickwork with bonding for 5 quid a m2 about 20 m2 of boardwork at 2.75 said he would meet me there didnt even show up said he did at 7.30 but he must be an illusionist cause i couldnt see him which i told him and he put the phone down on me

Lol the invisible man, bit of a shame really mate although doesn't sound like you missed out on too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.