Anyone used k rend k1

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyscoob

Has anyone used this k1 as Had k rend ring me asking what I thought of there k rend product and which one I used , told them I used ft but have switched to weber as fed up with hand applying k rend ft as it's shite , so they say there is a new render called k1 which can be sprayed or hand applied as they are aiming at competing with webers pral m
have sent me 3 bags to try out which will give a go tomorrow on some block work inside,and see if any different any anymore life in it

Has anyone used this k1 as Had k rend ring me asking what I thought of there k rend product and which one I used , told them I used ft but have switched to weber as fed up with hand applying k rend ft as it's shite , so they say there is a new render called k1 which can be sprayed or hand applied as they are aiming at competing with webers pral m
have sent me 3 bags to try out which will give a go tomorrow on some block work inside,and see if any different any anymore life in it
is it a scratch render mate

They told me about it when i visited them recently. Yes a pral.m competitor. Good I hope they put Weber out of business!

Will miss the ocr though!

Don't think it will match up to weber and parex as its still silicone based and this is what makes it so hard to use

Don't think it will match up to weber and parex as its still silicone based and this is what makes it so hard to use

i think its all that sand n grit me as well as the silicone, its very sandy like and spreading it is spreading damp sand of the beach. no cream at all

Used the k rend k1 today on a tester panel and got to say miles better than ft it's gots lots of life and creamy it's feels the same as weber pral m so it's about time k rend have sorted it out ,

The k1 is without the silicone to help make it easier to use
much more similar to the parex and weber and I have heard good things from

the 3-4 people I have spoke to who have used it

Price ?

Same as ft (overpriced) or can they compete on price with parex an weber

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Sprays nice, edges and flats in nice (as long as you don't want it to thick) takes ages to go off and is shite to rub/scratch back. If I had to use k rend I'd rather use com rend or e grade. Does not compare to weber m pral one bit! It's like weber m1 to rub/scratch back. Not looking forward to my next 2/3 weeks using the shite! ( it's on the spec and can't be changed) oh my days!!

Sprays nice, edges and flats in nice (as long as you don't want it to thick) takes ages to go off and is shite to rub/scratch back. If I had to use k rend I'd rather use com rend or e grade. Does not compare to weber m pral one bit! It's like weber m1 to rub/scratch back. Not looking forward to my next 2/3 weeks using the shite! ( it's on the spec and can't be changed) oh my days!! 1200m2 !!!!!

Surely scraping and rubbing you will get used too. Spraying nice tho sounds good

I got something coming up soon with krend k1
Looking forward to using it actually....pit it to the test

I've applied pretty much all the scratch render products by pretty much every manufacturer in the last 15 years so I am used to finishing different products and getting used to them but it takes forever to set enough to finish (the average temperature 9 degrees) and the finish isn't all that. We've used inside on a parking area and on the outside of the building 400-500m2

I've applied pretty much all the scratch render products by pretty much every manufacturer in the last 15 years so I am used to finishing different products and getting used to them but it takes forever to set enough to finish (the average temperature 9 degrees) and the finish isn't all that. We've used inside on a parking area and on the outside of the building 400-500m2

whats the cost of it per bag?

Hmn sounds like the merchant playing games.
Its a cheaper product probably in a lower class than the silicone ft I bet if you were to ask krend.

I thought it was supposed to be better than the ft, never tried it myself but thought that was how it was getting marketed.

Better than ft as in it sprays and rules etc as apposed to being like a load of grit but ft being
silicone enhanced has more manufacturing process and as far as spec goes krend will prob have it down as a more premium product than k 1 which will be a market product to match Weber etc.

Sprays nice, edges and flats in nice (as long as you don't want it to thick) takes ages to go off and is shite to rub/scratch back. If I had to use k rend I'd rather use com rend or e grade. Does not compare to weber m pral one bit! It's like weber m1 to rub/scratch back. Not looking forward to my next 2/3 weeks using the shite! ( it's on the spec and can't be changed) oh my days!!

We sprayed in the morning then next day start spraying first thing again then in the evening scrape back first days spray, do the same next day spray first thing scrape back evening

Status
Not open for further replies.