Anyone use telesales as a form of advertising and capturing leads?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

profastplastering

We are thinking of employing individuals/companies who will do telesales marketing for our business, has anyone here ever done that? Does it work, and What sort of commission do you have to pay? Any who has any info will be thanked :)

You have got to be kidding unless your calling house builders joe public forget it

I cant see any benefit at all, these days I don't even wait to find out what shite it is their peddling before I hang up on em.

Just had a heavy accented I****n cold call... said hello my names Mike... said, is it **** and hung up..lol

Hi, we are currently plastering in your area and are offering ten percent discount for walls and ceilings skimmed this week. You will be so busy, this is on me, free as a bird

It would be calling builders, architects, quantity surveyors and all that. You could do it yourself but a lot of folk don't like cold calling people either too shy or no good on phone.

I think that with telesales your trying to force yourself on people and in my experience people never really react well to that. Why not try offering previous customers a drink or recommendation bonus (call it what you like) to recommend you to their family, friends and work mates. It's worked for me in the past and there is always a better chance of getting the job if you are recommended.

It would be calling builders, architects, quantity surveyors and all that. You could do it yourself but a lot of folk don't like cold calling people either too shy or no good on phone.

Wouldn't be as easy to write/email to these businesses direct rather then paying someone to phone them on your behalf? ,
Then with the money saved stick an advert in the local paper to reach joe public.
I've never advertised so I honestly don't know what works the best, I just don't see the telesales idea working.

We are thinking of employing individuals/companies who will do telesales marketing for our business, has anyone here ever done that? Does it work, and What sort of commission do you have to pay? Any who has any info will be thanked :)

I agree I don't think the telesales approach would be cost effective for you. Why not contact your local or county building control office and request the details for all building applications made,pending and even declined. This will give you a huge mailing list that you can canvas direct by email or post. Also you could Google architects, builders, quantity surveyors, building control officers, tradesmen etc this would also give you a huge pool of marketing info. Start with the free route first, emails , social media Etc

write a letter to local firms telling them about your company and that you would be able to quote for their work. you will get replies but be very carefull as you will attract every firm with a cash flow problem and they will use you for credit. make sure that you have a large enough stake as some will want 90 days credit.
a plasterer local to me became a millionaire contracting he would employ a max of 50 men but 80% of his work was with one large development company who made payments every day, if you can attract this type of company good luck if not i would not bother.

Its not like your selling an item people might find useful but havent thought about before. If im sat im my house and think I need a new tv I look on google for what I want and go get it. Same would go with a wall or anything else a trade would do. The local free paper is generally a good place to advertise. Older folk who are still scared by the new fangled sensation that is the internet often look for adverts in the free rag if they want something doing. Like everything its a gamble though. Remember a few years ago I put a two week ad in the 3 local rags. In the first week mine was the only advert and I got inundated with calls. The second week there must have been a dozen plaster ads in there and I didnt get a call. Gumtree is a good place to advertise as a lot of people have heard of it. They have national adverts and the site is split up into area locations.

Yeh your right stu, I'd be like Hi this is Marshy Plastering.......what are you wearing!?? While breathing heavily!

Entering In to the world of double glazing sales going down this path!

I wouldn't want to be associated with it tbh, it's all about getting the foot in the door and not leaving till they get a sale, take advantage of the elderly & women etc.

If you struggling and want to drum up new business I don't reckon and advert works these days, why not try BNI or the chamber of commerce??

COC if much more laid back than BNI but both will have builders, architects, surveyors, estate agents etc etc, which once they get to know you and they feel comfortable with recommending you they could 'make' firm

It's not cheap and it's a late start whichever day you choose to do but it's worth it in the long run surely??

write a letter to local firms telling them about your company and that you would be able to quote for their work. you will get replies but be very carefull as you will attract every firm with a cash flow problem and they will use you for credit. make sure that you have a large enough stake as some will want 90 days credit.
a plasterer local to me became a millionaire contracting he would employ a max of 50 men but 80% of his work was with one large development company who made payments every day, if you can attract this type of company good luck if not i would not bother.

Malc how did the guy manage daily payments, that would be good for cash flow, obviously a very good business head on him?

Malc how did the guy manage daily payments, that would be good for cash flow, obviously a very good business head on him?

when you take on an estate for these developers they give you what they call dockets, postcards with plot numbers on, you get three dockets per plot, one for plasterboarding, one for plastering, one for screeding. as you complete each stage you get the site foreman to sign them and post them of the firm, you receive payment by return of post, once you build up your team,you receive a cheque every day he would have three or foue estates running at the same time. he had this developers work for about 25 years untill he died. he had purchased a small builders merchants to get the material at cost price, and the first delivery every day.

answer the phone, when they start, say.. '' jobs done, but theirs fukin blood everywhere.'' thats fuks em...

when you take on an estate for these developers they give you what they call dockets, postcards with plot numbers on, you get three dockets per plot, one for plasterboarding, one for plastering, one for screeding. as you complete each stage you get the site foreman to sign them and post them of the firm, you receive payment by return of post, once you build up your team,you receive a cheque every day he would have three or foue estates running at the same time. he had this developers work for about 25 years untill he died. he had purchased a small builders merchants to get the material at cost price, and the first delivery every day.

Thanks Malc very interesting, hard to imagine any developers agreeing to these payment terms nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.